Black Friday 2012

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The local TV was showing people who started camping out Sunday night in front of a Best Buys: all I can say is, "get a life."

Shoot they have been camping out since last thursday at some best buys. They don't even know what they are going to get! Dummies.

:check:

Heck, I'd even line up for a 261 at that price.:hmm3grin2orange:

The problem is they would only have 1 at that price. :biggrin:

I'll just stay home and watch the news about all the welfare receipients waiting in line for days to buy their $500 sneakers, stampeding each other to death to get in the store.

My sister was in a pet store in the Dublin, OH area and she saw some deer antlers. She was thinking of the Grinch strapping them to a pup's head but the sales person said they were dog chews. Started the spiel of how good they were for the dogs teeth, etc. When she found the price was $49.95 she about burst out laughing. I told her I would give her an antler and she could see if the dog liked it.

My sister was in a pet store in the Dublin, OH area and she saw some deer antlers. She was thinking of the Grinch strapping them to a pup's head but the sales person said they were dog chews. Started the spiel of how good they were for the dogs teeth, etc. When she found the price was $49.95 she about burst out laughing. I told her I would give her an antler and she could see if the dog liked it.

More likely they are for dogs with alergies to beef. I have a co-worker that owns a Weimaraner who has such an alergy. He asked me last week to keep any deer antler's from deer I kill bc the dog can't have rawhide chews.

Tractor supply has 0% interest on items over $400 for Black Friday. Only deal I've seen for anything I'm lookin at. I'm kickin around getting a sliding compound mitre saw, and a framing nailer. Probably due the Lowes online deal. Also probably shoping for 18volt Dewalt batteries.

The local farm & home is going to have Wild Things for $99. I think I'll get two.
I'm packing my camping gear right now. I'm afraid if I'm not first in line, I'll miss out.
I'll be set on loaner saws for at least two years.

The local farm & home is going to have Wild Things for $99.

Menard's has a suspiciously large pile of them in their aisle today. I am not a big fan of the WT, but the case is worth $25-$30; the bar and chain are worth another $25-$30; probably comes with $2 worth of pre-mix; $4 for the scrench; . . .

Philbert

Don't knock the Wild Thing...it's a pretty hot saw. Just takes several matches to get it lit...helps if the tanks are full :popcorn:

Eco friendly, my eye!

That appears to be a large chunk of slabbed together timbers, turned to diameter on a lathe. There is WAY more fuel, labor, and environmentally damaged wood in that thing than a regular wood stepstool.

It seems overpriced until you look at the grain pretty close. Myself, I think I would be happy with a plain ol' log.

attachment.php

Well...there ya go.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Well, Bailey's has a Black Friday sale going: $5 off a $50 purchase, $15 off $100, $25 off $150, pluse some sale prices on stuff.

A certain famous knock-off of the Italian chain grinders is on sale for $89.99.

Philbert

Like I said in another thread, you poor saps buying Wild Things better go any buy about 4.00 of Tygon fuel line or plan on replacing fuel line and a carb rebuild in sixty days. Husky should be ashamed putting little better than vinyl fuel lines on that saw. I see people everyday who couldn't afford anymore saw come in, the fuel lines have dissolved, carb inlet screen full of the melted goo. We charge 14.99 for carb kits, 35.00 for the carb rebuild, 3-4.00 for the fuel line, tell them right up front 60.00-65.00 bucks, and they spend it because it's all they can afford. Spending 60-65% to repair a saw of that quality is a crime when Poulan/Husky could resolve it for a couple of bucks when they are manafactured. I feel sorry for those that buy them. You should try to get warranty money out of Poulan, we won't do warranty work on them anymore period. Not a bad little saw other than the dissappearing fuel lines.

Are there coupon codes?

Here is Bailey's FaceBook ad:

Black Friday Savings!

Didn't really need much - slept in, visited a few of the big stores just to feel part of it, use up some coupons, etc. Picked up a free Lufkin tape, stocked up on AA batteries for the year, bought a chain I might need on closeout, looked at Fiskars hatchets (da__ you Steve NW WI!!). Still a good 20+ Wild Things available at my local Menards at 10 AM.

Philbert

Back