Bluenosers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Rick, I can drop some stuff that will crush ya,LOL . Trees on my lots are only babies at around 36" on the stump but I have cut 60-62" DBH Hemlock along the Brooke road at my grandfathers place in Bear River. I have a 55" yellow birch to cut this summer to make table tops from, Going to put the 090 and a 60" bar to work on it.
Pioneerguy600

Your right we do have alot of big stuff around here we just keep it well hidden away from prying eyes:greenchainsaw:

:cheers:

Jerry, I came over on the CAT & got dumped off at Yarmouth. I went up the east side to Halifax & didn't see any big trees. Kinda like it was all logged out. Nice country though. You Portland guys, I cant go through without stopping at $3 Deweys & Gilberts Chowder House...Rick

Jerry, I came over on the CAT & got dumped off at Yarmouth. I went up the east side to Halifax & didn't see any big trees. Kinda like it was all logged out. Nice country though. You Portland guys, I cant go through without stopping at $3 Deweys & Gilberts Chowder House...Rick

Well you went up the wrong side:greenchainsaw:

There is some decent wood to see if you follow the north shore but you would have to take the rural roads as there isn't alot to see from the highways (on either shore) also if you go inland you can see more too. The shore isnt a good place around here to grow big trees.

Less than 20 minutes from where you got "dumped off" I could show you some big trees. Definalty not PNW big but nice none the less.

There is some big wood in Noava Scotia

Here is a pile we are starting of nice clear stuff that I am gonna have milled to use in house renovations.

These pics dont make them look quite as big as they do in person.
Mar21st2009018.jpg

Mar21st2009019.jpg

This last picture tells the story better, the longest ones are 18 feet, plan on turning them into roof trusses.
Mar21st2009020.jpg

Nice big Spruce

Wish there was more of these sadly this is the biggest we have on my fathers property.
Mar21st2009029.jpg

Mar21st2009030.jpg

Mar21st2009031.jpg

Mar21st2009034.jpg

My Wife, willing to come with me in the woods even when she has a cold.
Mar21st2009047.jpg

Nice Spruce, we just cleared 2000 acres of it , had not been logged in over 100 years, hurricane WAN wreaked havoc with it so the owner wanted it cleared, over 4 million board feet of lumber came off it.
Pioneerguy600

Nice Spruce, we just cleared 2000 acres of it , had not been logged in over 100 years, hurricane WAN wreaked havoc with it so the owner wanted it cleared, over 4 million board feet of lumber came off it.
Pioneerguy600

If you ever need help or another saw, feel free to give me a call.

Latest posts

Back