bogging down

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rippa

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I got a jonsered 2036 from a friend for free he said it did'nt run so I put a new plug and fresh gas in ran great. now after using all summer it idles fine but when you gas it,It will just bog down and stall.

I tried cleaning the air filter don't really know how it was'nt that bad I blew it out I'm thinking maybe a clogged jet but I'm lost when it comes to carbs

There is a screen in the exhaust that can get plugged with carbon causing loss of power and bogging. Either clean the screen regularly, or do as I do and throw it away.

I'll have to look for that screen and remove.I keep seeing muffler mod on here what's that all about?

There is a screen in the exhaust that can get plugged with carbon causing loss of power and bogging. Either clean the screen regularly, or do as I do and throw it away.

The screen with 1/2 a purpose, that is so easy to forget sometimes.

Too bad its not easier to remove from some engines. Some are easy, but seems that half are not.

My preference is to cull the screen the day of purchase for urban use.

Yeah the saw did sit for a few years before I got it.It's just that the thing was rippin' all summer no problem but I'll get it going.I just did'nt want to bring it to the shop,Would like the save $$.You think I could spray something in the carb or run sea-foam through it?

Yeah the saw did sit for a few years before I got it.It's just that the thing was rippin' all summer no problem but I'll get it going.I just did'nt want to bring it to the shop,Would like the save $$.You think I could spray something in the carb or run sea-foam through it?

Don't try to fix a broken saw with Sea Foam Snake Oil......if it was running well and now isn't.....something needs to be fixed. You could have a clogged exhaust screen, a fuel line with a hole in it, or something in your carb. The Sea Foam will not fix a clogged exhaust or carb jet.

How do you get at the screen all there is is a little sliver on the muffler for exhaust there's two 8mm nuts will that open up the muffler?

Found screen it was clean took it out anyway I'll try messing with the carb screw next.

Latest posts

Back