Bone to pick with Mastermind

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HuskStihl

Chairin'em for the sound
Reaction score
I typically don't like to engage in this kind of thread, but if you are one of the thousands of people in line to have your saw ported, I felt it was my duty to share my recent experience with Mastermind so you would all know what kind of person you will be dealing with.

Here's the situation. About a year ago Randy ported a saw for me. I sent the saw for some logging training, and it was reported the saw may not have been running right. The saw took a few detours, but wound up back in Jamestown, TN last week. So Randy took it apart and found issues with the carb and coil. At the same time, he reported the cylinder to upgrade it to his newest porting strategy.
Here's the kicker. Do you know what that ****er charged me for reporting the saw and fixing the carb/timing issues? Nothing. I didn't even ask him to redo the port work.
So now I have guilt. To make matters worse, I ran the saw today, and it sprayed chips everywhere. Luckily I was in the woods, or I would have had some major clean up to do. Also, the chips came off the "blade" with such speed that they stung my thigh a little. I'm a pretty tough guy, so I didn't cry, but I did get a bit misty.
Anyway, before trusting your saw to this guy, I wanted y'all to know what kind of man he is. A pretty damn honorable man

Oh sure you let this venom fly when he is off at the hippie fest and too tired to defend his actions. I would sell that saw before you end up with a huge callous on your thigh from the roost. Showerguy's wife is still trying to get the chips off her driveway where Randy's saws puked out their mess!

Latest posts

Back