Bookerdog's PNW Freedom Fest Chainsaw Rally

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a cat that loves to catch the bunnies and eat them.
One of our young cats found a bunny and was making it scream from fright when the older cat heard that, she ran right over and killed it.
Our two girls chased her down trying to get the bunny from her.
She wasn't going to share.
Oh, and we have about 1/2 inch of more snow on the ground this morning. I am really ready for it to go away and for the warm weather to kick in.
Who would have thought we would still be burning in the wood stove at this time of the year?

I have about 20 pieaces of dry seasoned wood left and Im out. Will have to start on next years wood in a couple of days.

You should have plenty of firewood after the GTG. :chainsaw: I'm not splitting anything tho. My shoulder has been giving me fits for 2 months. Going to see the ol saw bones when I get back. Hopefully they won't have to slit me open to fix it.

Ian

well..i had a day of working on saws/drinking beer/turtle eradification out of the lake with my .22....and one or two with my .270 just for fun..(way overkill)..and i can say i eat squirells..the little grays are the best..i always just dip them in milk&egg, cover with flower and fry them..or you can slow cook them with veggies and they are pretty good. and i eat rabbits, dove, deer, turkey...if it lives in the woods and i can kill it legally i eat it.

I eat 'em too, but I personally stop somewhere short of possum......:food: :food: :greenchainsaw:

We have alot of the dogwood in our woodlot don't understand why but its thick in there. I was hoping it would be in bloom by the get together but, doesn't look like it this year.

If ya dont mind rattling your teeth for small wood vine maple burns alright. I agree with Andy's list cept I like Alder better than Hemlock. Smoke smells like your BBQing.

Alder - I just hate all the ash I have to shovel out. Yep +1 on the vine maple..

I can't believe ya'll stole thr Rat from the Texas GTG, don't send him back collect be sure he is prepaid on the box.

Latest posts

Back