Boots 101

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

southbound

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
After being unemployed for the last 1.5 years I finally got a job with a company that clears out power lines and so on...They have hired me to work along side of veteran timber faller to learn from him.. I ordered a Rockman helmet from Bailey's and have a good pair of wrap around chaps , gloves,glasses. What I don't have is a decent pair of boots..

I have some ?'s

What is the difference between steel toe and safety toe??

Anyone know of any shops around the Wayne co. tn area???

I would really like to find a place I can go to and try some on.

I'm from Massachusetts and I remember most folks there liked Chippewa Boots..Whats do you folks think of them..I like they are made in America any other pros???

If I posted this in the wrong place I do apologize and please move it..

Thanks.....

Well. Well, well, well, well, well.

Lucky you came here my little droogy. Sounds to me like you might find better info in the logging forum. Are you going to be falling timber and working in the woods or are you going to be climbing??? If climbing look at today's posts and you will see a thread for arborist boots already... If working in the woods look in the logger forum. They will be able to get you lined out with the best pair of boots for the least deng.

Now, if you Know not of what I speak then your surely have the wrong avatar... ;)

Welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, well. To what do I owe the extreme pleasure of this surprising response? So far you are the first to get the avy...

So I'm off to the logger forum since no climbing for me .....I searched boots and it seemed to lead me to this forum....

Around here Walmart is fine for most but not me...I like my toes..When looking for a hard hat a friend told me if you got a $10 head get a $10 hard hat but if you got a $100 head get a $100 hard hat...So instead of getting the bump cap everyone has from tractor supply I went back to Bailey's.....

Thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, well. To what do I owe the extreme pleasure of this surprising response? So far you are the first to get the avy...

Lovely lovely Ludwig van. He never did anything to anyone.

I laughed as soon as I saw Tree md's droogy response.

Bailey's and the other sponsors on here will have the equipment you need. If you are not going to be climbing, I'd suggest getting boots that are more comfortable walking around in. The climbing boots often have a steel shank in them, great for spiking, not as comfortable to walk in. It's great to have full coverage chaps but it might make you toasty all day. I've seen some wearing knee length chaps. Hopefully the company will have some money and input on what you need.

Back