Bought a Huskee 22 ton.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I changed the oil today but don't really know how to drain the hydraulic fluid. Is there a manual out there? The paper work that came with the splitter didn't mention it.

No need to change the hydraulic fluid unless it gets contaminated with water. I'm on the original hydraulic fluid and filter going on 13 years.

Two years and no issues so far...it's peeking out from behind the pile

9524718062_e9daa90bde_c.jpg

I've been going out for about an hour each morning before work, starting to add up a little. So far I like the splitter just fine. I'll probably drop this one next, and there is another big dead one behind it. That should keep me busy next week. The two big dead ones are on my neighbors property and I'll split it 50/50 with him. I used to sell him wood way cheap, and it was always iffy getting paid by the next year. This way he helps, OK, and it feels like a good neighbor thing, Joe.

Last edited:
I bought mine about 4 months ago, works pretty darn well. Put 4 cords through it, both tough and easy wood. I changed the oil today but don't really know how to drain the hydraulic fluid. Is there a manual out there? The paper work that came with the splitter didn't mention it.

Mine was a self drainer after the tank cracked down by the wheel. Still haven't been able to fix it. Tore it all down and welded the crack shut and it just cracked a little further up.

Other than that been a great splitter. Did not like the 20" white elm I threw at it though. wouldn't split that. Ended up giving it away!

Modified 22 Ton

Four way with much mods involved. Rails beefed up as is the base plate. The stock base plate is ridiculously undersized, especially when working on big rounds.
Works OK. Purchased some years before my tractor was bought.
I'll run it for as long as it lasts, as I have a 3-point hitch with a 2" ball to tow it. But,...I think I would much prefer a nice PTO driven splitter in the future.
Overall, this is a good splitter for the money.

View attachment 310221View attachment 310222

No need to change the hydraulic fluid unless it gets contaminated with water. I'm on the original hydraulic fluid and filter going on 13 years.

I wasn't planning on changing the hydraulic fluid anytime soon. Was just wondering if there was a manual I missed. I keep my splitter garage kept or tarped so shouldn't have much issue with water contamination. Thanks

Back