Bought an Antique Skyworker and need Manual and Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smilin Bob

Reaction score
I purchased a 1973 Skyworker and need a little help fixing the controls. I rigged a pressure bleeder and used 30 psi. there were leaks around the control shafts, although minor. It came with a rebuild kit in the glove box, go figure.

Are these parts supposed to be connected? I can't see how they could pump otherwise-
This is how they came out of the control box
Bucket Truck Pump (1).jpg
Also looking for manuals, owners and/or shop if not for sale, can I copy them? I would be willing to pay for the trouble and put down a significant security deposit to ensure their safe return.

I've already seen the glowing reviews about Skyworkers and have looked diligently for any signs of cracks in the aluminum castings, inspected the cables and all looks good. Any suggestions would be appreciated. This truck will have limited use

Skyworkers were like the space shuttle, a f’in death trap. Just cut it up with a pipe saw. If you do intend to actually use the thing, have it inspected by a proper lift company. From what I remember, both the aluminum knuckle (even the upgraded ones) and leveling cable were prone to failure. Max capacity for the bucket was about 225lbs. I think most of them were hand built i.e. unique. I doubt manuals exist for them.

Back