bought my first saw, ,left wanting more

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do you say the 600 or 590 would have been better suited.
I believe that from your described needs in this thread that the echo 590/600p would have fit better. Especially if stumping comes to play. You just need all the power you can get. I am a firm believer of the 40&60cc combo for the homeowner. I know I am pretty alone in this view but that's just the way I see it.
That fine dust was after 10mins of cutting with the brand new chain. Lots of gross dead wood. Some Chesnut birch poplar spruce. Several trees I fell I just pushed over.
I do notice a huge difference between a freshly sharpened chain and a dull one. Cutting alot of this it doesn't stay sharp long. As far as understand you have cut a lot of rotten wood which is a good explanation to the "dust" on the chainsaw. If your chains seem to not stay sharp long in the type of wood you are cutting there are a few things to consider:
1. your sharpening skills need improvement
2. even brand new chain sometimes needs a sharpening. I have even seen it on Stihl chain!
3. the quality of your chains is bad (get Stihl or higher quality Oregon chain)
4. your rakers are to high
5. keep your chain out of the dirt!

Ran 1 more tank through and it feels like it has an honest 40% more power. The bar wants to lift when I pull the trigger now. Beginning to sound now like a real 50cc chainsaw! :D
Only problem is going to wot it periodically bogs. That's an easy cure with the carb setting.

Reason I don't mod it yet is ill take it back to the dealer for a tune up and hopefully they show me a bit on how to set it. Plus if its going to blow up it's within the first 10 tanks (or less)No need to stress about a mod! There is a reason why humongous amounts of saws are out there cutting humongous amounts of wood without a muffler mod!

Btw the 372 is a beast!

As was mentioned above, I believe revisting your dealer is a good idea after 10-20 refills!

Now where were those action pics&videos.... ;)

Yes I have nas but also a wife that wants me to hurry up and finish the yard work.
200feet of weeping tile 5yards gravel. 15yards top soil.
Rented a stump grinder for 15 stumps. Then a chipper. Downed and bucked several cords. Wrrd wack 1/4 acre bush with a blade.
Oh and watch my 5 month old son when im not busy.
All I have left is to rent a skid steer clear a pad for a 12x20 shed lay down 6inches of road crush and tamp it.
Then nas may be prevalent.

Yes I have nas but also a wife that wants me to hurry up and finish the yard work.
200feet of weeping tile 5yards gravel. 15yards top soil.
Rented a stump grinder for 15 stumps. Then a chipper. Downed and bucked several cords. Wrrd wack 1/4 acre bush with a blade.
Oh and watch my 5 month old son when im not busy.
All I have left is to rent a skid steer clear a pad for a 12x20 shed lay down 6inches of road crush and tamp it.
Then nas may be prevalent.

Bah...sounds like a short weekend to me...lol...just kidd'n.
:msp_biggrin:

Latest posts

Back