Bought new husky 395xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny27

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
i went to the dealer today. and i told you guys i was going to get the 390, he had the 372 new for sale,and tried to sell me the 372, but for some reason the 372 wasnt doing it for me, and he also said he heard of the 390 having problems, he never explained what problems, i got hold of the 395 and it feels just about as heavy as my stihl 045 , i liked that feel of the saw better,because i am used to that weight , for ppl that have this saw or running one , what should i expect from this saw? i cant wait to go and try it out, :hmm3grin2orange: thanks guys on a great website for info, TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE 372!!

Last edited:
You should expect a big smile on your face the first time you cut an 18" or larger log. :D :D Enjoy. Mine is a little older than yours, I bought it used from a logger, but has been running strong after a tuneup. I love it, except for the chain tensioner, which is kind of a pain, bc I use it as a milling saw. Other than that, nothing could be better about the saw for me. What a powerhouse!!

My 395 is my favorite saw, and if you can stand the weight I think you will like it alot. Mine has been a real workhorse and still runs like new. I found the power increased for at least 15 tanks of gas, maybe more. Always ran good, just got stronger after a bit.

Smoooooth....

I don't mind the tensioner, although not as convenient as the stihls. I cut a lot of side grain with long bars and had a couple of issues. The outer bar plate can get bent from long shavings packing in around the chain catcher area, and for cutting the noodles, the way the husky full wrap bars cross the path of the chips does not work for the long shavings. I switched my huskies to half wrap to solve that problem, but it is not an issue with the usual cross grain cutting. My 066 full wrap does not cross below the saw and does not have that same problem with plugging.

But I love my 395 and if I had to only have two saws (shudder) it would be my 395 and my 7900.

I had my older 394 (28 and 36" bars) for 3 or 4 years until somebody stole it a couple of weeks ago. But, it was by far the best saw I've ever had because of the abuse it took. I was very rough with it cutting stumps down for my grinder, but it started EVERY time without any need to EVER bring it to the shop!!! You'll like it and I'm hoping to get a 395 to replace it within the next week or two.

Dont know what I'd do if someone stole it; especially if I found out who. I heard a comedian once talking about protecting his jeep after a break-in by gluing a BIG holster on the dash and putting a bumper sticker on the back about .44 magnums. He didn't have another breakin.

Dont know if it was a real story or not. Still funny. I however, do own one. It goes in my bib when I'm in the woods. Very securely in my bib. You can't ever be too careful with a firearm.

I have a 394xp. Love It. Great for milling.

I have a fullwrap, and I have to remove the handle bar for milling. I am looking for a half wrap if you know anybody that has an extra.

My 395 is one of my favorite saws,pretty much trouble free.The chain adjuster is kind of a pain but mine is used mostly for milling.
Mark

aquan8tor said:
Dont know what I'd do if someone stole it; especially if I found out who. I heard a comedian once talking about protecting his jeep after a break-in by gluing a BIG holster on the dash and putting a bumper sticker on the back about .44 magnums. He didn't have another breakin.

Dont know if it was a real story or not. Still funny. I however, do own one. It goes in my bib when I'm in the woods. Very securely in my bib. You can't ever be too careful with a firearm.

I pretty much have a gun around me all the time myself. But, these clowns decided to cut the lock to my shop and help themselves to a bunch of stuff (thankfully not everything) while I was out of town. I got word that the burglary occurred when I was about 5 hours from home. But, my wife had no idea what was missing from the shop. I asked her if the 394 was gone, but since I had several chainsaws in the shop she couldn't tell me. I had plenty of expensive equipment in my shop, but all I kept telling myself was "Please don't let it be the 394, any and everything else expect for the 394..... Please don't let it be the 394." all the way back home. That's how much I liked my 394!!! Unfortunately even these criminals new that a big chainsaw (any brand) is worth some money and took the 394, leaving the other saws behind.

I'll probably order me a new 395 tomorrow.

J'ever wonder if the saw manufacturers intentionally used subliminal means to draw real men's attention to their saws? 044 (.44 Mag), 038 (.38 special), 357XP (.357 Mag), 360 (30.06)...ok, that last one was a stretch.;)

my dealer has a few 372 husky (new ) left, and i keep hearing nothing but good stuff about this saw, i might have to go back and pick one of those up too!!:hmm3grin2orange: tell me more about this 372!!

johnny27 said:
my dealer has a few 372 husky (new ) left, and i keep hearing nothing but good stuff about this saw, i might have to go back and pick one of those up too!!:hmm3grin2orange: tell me more about this 372!!

its orange, its fast, its strong, its light, its beatiful, its sexy, its 372xp!

I took about a month to decide on whether to buy the 395 Husky or the 660 Stihl. Ended up with the 660. Based on the outboard clutch and the chain tensioner on the Husky, that I didn't care for. I am not partial to any one brand as I love my 372. The only pair better than these 2 are, of course, my wifes!!:D

so what are the problems with the 575xp? so i shouldnt even waste my time looking at the 575 vs the 372? ppl said before there is no comparison, soryy i dont want to be:deadhorse: on this topic, just really considering getting the 372xp!

my local dealer has 16 372xp new ones, now he only has 15 because i bought one of those as well, i have his phone # he is in reno, but i dont want to take anything away from the sponsors or anything if they have them to offer

Latest posts

Back