Bp1

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolfreak

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
While buying chain at the local repair shop I engaged in conversation with the owner about his antique saws. He proceed to tell me how much he would like to have a BP1 for his collection. What I would like to know is how many of these are still around, how available are they, and what would a person expect to pay for such a saw? Since they only made these for a year I'm guessing that this would be a tough hunt! :blob5:

Rare as a hens tooth .I have seen one in my lifetime,last Saturday as a matter of fact.

toolfreak said:
Thats interesting, where did you see it.
At the Ohio GTG,owned by Larry"chain-57" Steiner,another buckeye.
I think there are several owned by folks on this site but few of them run.As I understand it,they have a very complex carb on them.The design of the engine is that it is or was the only actual supercharged saw ever produced.As I also have been told,McCulloch recalled all of them,because of a possible safety issue but missed a few.

Al Smith said:
At the Ohio GTG,owned by Larry"chain-57" Steiner,another buckeye.
I think there are several owned by folks on this site but few of them run.As I understand it,they have a very complex carb on them.The design of the engine is that it is or was the only actual supercharged saw ever produced.As I also have been told,McCulloch recalled all of them,because of a possible safety issue but missed a few.

As I understand, it was the saws ability to seek an RPM that was unheard of for its time. They thought that the saw would basically self-destruct. Sounds like somthing that I would enjoy playing with. :dizzy:

In mint probably 600 rang because I have been offered 450 for mine and it needs a carb kit

Back