Brand new 028........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got one of those. Stihl my favorite woodcutting saw.

I was looking at a construction job yesterday. I saw a stihl sitting on a stump and recognized it right away. The homeowner had a 028 AV super-lot's of 028's stihl out there cuttin'. He said he bought it in 1980. :clap:

those 028 have to be the toughest chainsaw ever built,go for 20 years and never been apart.
028,great saw...036 just as tough,little better design...even greater saw.:cheers:

Ran across this. I think that is a little high but a collector would pay it. Pretty kool to find a nib 028.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/grd/710658728.html

Sure, they are, or were, nice saws, but $800? Tell me you wouldn't rather put that $$ towards a 460 or <GASP> a 372 and have some $$ left. Hmmm MS361, 5100s, 346xp, Dolmar 7900 all for less $$, or maybe buy one of the last available 440s?

It is what it is, a NIB 028. Other than leaving it as-is for some other "collector", and good luck finding another fool to pay that much for it, its just an over-priced turd compared to what is currently available.

I've got two 028Supers that I be hard pressed to part with.
$800 is awful steep even if it is brand new.

A collector out there somewhere might still snatch it up though.

I'd be curious to see what it would bring on Fleabay

Sure, they are, or were, nice saws, but $800? Tell me you wouldn't rather put that $$ towards a 460 or <GASP> a 372 and have some $$ left. Hmmm MS361, 5100s, 346xp, Dolmar 7900 all for less $$, or maybe buy one of the last available 440s?

It is what it is, a NIB 028. Other than leaving it as-is for some other "collector", and good luck finding another fool to pay that much for it, its just an over-priced turd compared to what is currently available.

Don't shoot the messager.:taped: LOL. No way I would sink $800 into it. That would definitely be a new 460 to sit on. I'm sure it could get to $400-500 on fleabay. The 026 is built just as good as the 028 and I love mine, a new 260 would be nice to sit on also......:dizzy:

If someone was working on a collection of pristine Stihls this might be worth it..................maybe. Remember, something like this is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for it. A NIB 028 maybe worth $800 as much as an old 090 is worth $2500 to someone else.

Equating a saw like this to something new, stihl in production that you'd use in the woodlot, farm or yard is apples to oranges. It is too rich for my blood though. Besides my saws are tools, not shelf queens.:chainsaw:

Pfft...it's not even a side adjust clear tank...

My 028 may not be as clean as that one but, the clutch setup i bet is different, mine is an interrutive clutch and is worth 1 million to me but i sure as H_ _ L wouldn't pay $800 for that saw when, as someone here said "there are many you could get for less $$$$ with more grunt and still have $$$ left over.
"Stihl", a nice saw nonetheless.

I might pay $800 for it, then sink the bar into the concrete with the engine sticking up on the edge of my driveway, and henceforth call my place the Chainsaw ranch.

I'd be curious to see what it would bring on Fleabay

I don't even want to know... Some of these auctions go crazy and I'm sure they are all bogus. I can't believe what people supposedly pay for junk, so a nice new saw like this... He might get the 800.00 and beyond on Fleabay. Good luck to him.

I don't even want to know... Some of these auctions go crazy and I'm sure they are all bogus. I can't believe what people supposedly pay for junk, so a nice new saw like this... He might get the 800.00 and beyond on Fleabay. Good luck to him.

Well, I guess we might find out. Its on Ebay....:popcorn:

hes smokin' krack!

he found the thing and thinks hes gonna get rich off it.

craigsmist blowz for saws around here overpriced/and or pullon junk.

:sucks:

Latest posts

Back