Brand new Husqvarna 550XP, one bar bolt need to be replaced

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radhar

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I'm Pawel (English Paul) and i live in Poland.

It is my first post on this forum. As English language is not my native, sorry for any mistake.

I'm writing here to ask one question.
I've recenlty bought new Husqvarna 550XP from dealer. Next day without using it on any wood, I've notice that one of the bar bolts was little stripped at the top. It is hard to twist the nut with a hand (as in instruction)(but possible with a tool), the second one is just fine.
I didn't check that at the shop as the bar was already connected to the saw. I only check by starting the machine and visually. But did not notice that. My mistake I guess.
I know it's a little problem, but I was a little confusing about it because I spent a lot of money for brand new machine.
So next day morning I went to the dealer to show him this. I asked if it possible to exchange for the new unit, as this one was never used. it would be faster solution for me. But he told me that we (he and I) have already started it to check how it works in the shop by putting fuel and oil in it, so he said instead his service will change this bolt for new one.
I can't say I'm 100% happy for that, that I need to make little repair of new machine at start.
So my question: is this operation of changing the bar bolt can have any bad effect to the crankcase of the saw?
As I've checked on the internet they will need to knock the bolt inside the oil tank, and put new one. But as I guess this bolt is somehowe pressed through the opening in the crankcase to be stable and etc. Please those of You who were making such changing of bar bolts/studs to response to my question.
I hope I clearly describe the situation.
Best regards to all of You
Pawel

Last edited:
Very simple five minute repair with no ill effects. Stuff happens. Enjoy the saw, they are runners.

Welcome,:chainsawguy:

Hey your English is great and you spell better than most on the forum.:laugh:

You'll love the 550XP.:rock:

I'm glad it is simple repair, so now I'm only wating till Wendesday for replacement.
Can't wait to start working with this beast :)
Thank You very much for the answers.

Regards,
Pawel

Nothing to worry about, bar bolt are replaced easily :) You're gonna like the saw :D

Welcome to ArboristSite! You will enjoy the 550XP, and I could only wish I could communicate as well in Polish as you can in English. ;)

Welcome to ArboristSite! You will enjoy the 550XP, and I could only wish I could communicate as well in Polish as you can in English. ;)

Thanks very much :) I'm happy to be here with You guys and hope to share my experience of my new 550XP in future.

PS As for Polish language, it is one easy way to learn it good, You need to be born in Poland ;)

You shouldn't worry, just wait and use your chainsaw. :rock:

Latest posts

Back