Brave 20 Ton Dual Split Log Splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingOFgEEEks

Out, standing in my field.
Reaction score
kingOFgEEEks submitted a new Showcase Item:

Brave 20 Ton Dual Split Log Splitter

This is a consumer grade horizontal log splitter that has a double-edged wedge to split on both the extend and retract strokes of the cylinder. The cylinder is located inside the box beam, protecting it from damage.

Standard log tables on both sides of the beam for easier work without having to pick up split pieces from the ground.

Comes with Honda GC 160 engine and 11 GPM dual stage pump to provide a more than adequate 20 tons of splitting force.

Read more about this showcase item here...

Looks like a nice machine for sure. Maybe I missed it in the info, but what do these typically cost shipped? Also, does debris get down into the channel in the I-beam where the wedge slides back and forth? If so, does it collect in the I-beam box or I'd the box hollow on the bottom for it to pass through?

I have the Harbor Freight model similar to this, there are slots in the bottom of the beam that allow the chips to fall back out. I put a cement mixing pan under the splitter to catch the chips and strips, and dump them into a covered bin for kindling.
the trick to take advantage of the lack of a cycle time is to only run the wedge into the wood until the back end of the wedge is about and inch into the end of the wood. then let go of the splitter handle and grab the wood, unless it is very stringy it normally falls apart with a good tug. This way you are only running the wedge about a foot or so back and forth in the middle with 16-18" wood.

It was $1,429, to my door. I don't remember what portion of that was the purchase, and what portion was shipping, though.

As far as the beam, on the Brave version, the bottom is fully boxed, but the 'splitter turds' get pushed out the ends of the beam by the ram as it goes through. I have not had any issues with debris building up.

I don't know how many differences there are between the Brave version and the HF version, but every part and piece of this machine is definitely high quality. I think it is potentially a lifetime machine.

Back