Bringing heat to a 372?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marti384

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have some 372 parts saws that I want to build into one good saw. One of the saws has a generator and flywheel with the magnet on the inside for heat. Part of the magnet is chipped out. Will it still work with a section about a third the width of the magnet and 3 inches long missing?

gonna need a pic for sure. 3" long though i wanna say if it does it won't get very warm.

My memory wasn't as good as I thought. Turns out the chipped out section is only about 1.5" long, but still about a third the depth of the magnet.IMG_20160905_090751321_HDR.jpg

yep, that will be fine. thought you meant a strip of the magnet completely gone. clean it out good though. before assembly. when more breaks off it wedges in there and breaks even more off. don't leave any loose pieces.

So I have a 3 position switch, a one wire generator, and the heated handle parts. I don't have the part that goes under the carb, or in between it and the filter holder. So will this work with the generator lead plugged into the middle terminal of the switch, one terminal from the tank handle plugged into a switch terminal, and the other from the tank handle plugged into the top handle, and then to ground from there? Do I have to have the carb parts?IMG_20160906_162604432.jpg

you want the generator plugged to the middle terminal then the rear handle element plugged into either side. the front handle element plugs into the longer wire off the rear handle element. the top handle is then grounded to the cylinder-handle AV spring. the AV spring is different between the heated and non heated saws as the heated saws AV spring has an integrated spade connector for the ground. ground could be rerouted to a different location though i'm sure. no need for the carb parts.

Thanks, that is what I needed to know. I just need to look around for a cheap used spring with the terminal. If I can't find one I will hack off the end of the wire, lengthen it, and hook it to ground.

Latest posts

Back