ArboristSite.com Sponsors

British Columbians Please

slowp

slowp

Tree Freak
I live south of the border where the Okanagon is the Okanogan. We share smoke. Can you list a good site that is up to date and lists fires when they break out?

Someone who lives closer than I has posted a picture of what looks to be three good sized smoke columns to the north and I can't find any mention of a fire close by.

Thanks!.

president

president

Addicted to ArboristSite
I live south of the border where the Okanagon is the Okanogan. We share smoke. Can you list a good site that is up to date and lists fires when they break out?

Someone who lives closer than I has posted a picture of what looks to be three good sized smoke columns to the north and I can't find any mention of a fire close by.

Thanks!.
Will do!, I,m in Peachland 10 miles south of Kelowna

Dave Hadden

Dave Hadden

Addicted to ArboristSite

Thanks!.

Have a look through here and see what pops up.

Take care.

slowp

slowp

Tree Freak
Thanks. I found a facebook page to follow. Then somebody posted on our Okanogan group page, news of Lytton being evacuated. I've never been there and I am not sure how far up nort it is but I hope everybody stays safe.

slowp

slowp

Tree Freak
Oh my! I hope that is the exception for this year.

I got up to open up the house to what has been 74 degree "coolness" and it was 82 outside. Instead, I turned on the central AC.

slowp

slowp

Tree Freak
It seems that fires keep breaking out closer and closer--kind of marching down the valley. Saw where Oliver has a start and on this side, a barn fire was going and highway 97 closed south of Tonasket. My home town has a large one heading up towards the wheat country--homes are evacuated, and the time of massive fireworks is yet to come.

I find myself looking at Realtor.com houses in the Great Lakes area. :(