Brush and debris pile burning in cold weather?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK. I stand corrected.
I must have clicked off into never-never land, 'cause I picked page one of this thread and ended up in July of 2017.

But then again, 86 days is plenty of time to get a fire going.
Well if you take the time to read all 15 pages you will see the fine gentlemen is trying very hard. As of now he is under a burn ban. This is a forum forum for helping folks not making comments such as..........

.....................But then again, 86 days is plenty of time to get a fire going.
Those types of comments are of no help.
I am not sure what brought you to this thread although I do have my suspicions.

Do you have anything to add to help the gentleman?

I am not sure what brought you to this thread although I do have my suspicions.
Nor do you need to know.

That being said, I've got two posts on the first page, so you can just stop acting like you own the content of this thread. I was here before you were, and I haven't been giving bad advice, either.

Nor do you need to know.

That being said, I've got two posts on the first page, so you can just stop acting like you own the content of this thread. I was here before you were, and I haven't been giving bad advice, either.
I have been providing tried, true, tested, and proven advice.
Please do not attempt to turn this into another of your numerous attacks on me.
No one "owns" the content.
The OP is just looking for help so maybe try providing some........

Your two posts on the first page provided no help. They were just argumentative against what others had said.

I think there is better evidence that the brush has been drying out in the sun for 15 or 20 days. I'm not arguing that the sap doesn't ferment, nor that alcohol doesn't burn.

Beer and wine don't burn. Even the fumes coming off a boiling pot of beer won't ignite, so fermented sap isn't going to make much difference.

I'm not sure what your point is. I think we all know that burn piles don't light as easily when they've been rained on. If your point is that alcohol from fermented sap is going to make that pile of green wood burn up, I suggest you soak a stick of firewood in the strongest wine you can find, then toss it in your fireplace.

Let us all know how it turns out.

I have been providing tried, true, tested, and proven advice.
Please do not attempt to turn this into another of your numerous attacks on me.
No one "owns" the content.
The OP is just looking for help so maybe try providing some........

Your two posts on the first page provided no help. They were just argumentative against what others had said.
You have been giving illegal advice.

I bet you have never sped either
I bet you have never walked across the street at mid-block
I bet you never drove with your windshield wipers on in the middle of the day with your headlights off.

What question?
Go back and open your friggen eyes, we aren't here to spoon feed you stuff to moan about, if you cannot figure out this very well made and easy to use website then God help us all when you find out we've upgraded from horse and buggy to international combustion powered cars, will be scary seeing you attempt to drive one of those!

Once again, you're projecting... I was actually the first one you respond to the OP. He did get good advice, and then you jumped in with poor advice. Your methods may be tried and true, but they are also illegal...
https://ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs4.asp?DocName=041500050HTit.+XV&ActID=1585&ChapterID=36&SeqStart=51900000&SeqEnd=52900000
And there's this:
https://epa.illinois.gov/topics/air-quality/open-burning.html

Waste that can never be burned:​

• Commercial Waste
  • Food and associated packaging
  • Furniture
  • Construction/demolition debris
  • Tires

Latest posts

Back