Brush and debris pile burning in cold weather?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
burn anything hot enough and it pretty much burns "clean"

tires without added oxygen and other stuff won't burn clean, and yeah, only tire burning on the highway is burnouts, funny thing is old tires are recycled and guess what, turned into asphalt lol
Yes dozer piles burn clean with some oil and tires.

Easey
Peasey

Yes dozer piles burn clean with some oil and tires.

Easey
Peasey
except that tire you're lighting won't get hot enough to burn clean, just not going to happen, dunno how stupid you actually are but pretty damn stupid is my guess, its been how long in this thread that you've been corrected by everyone and you still insist on being stupid

except that tire you're lighting won't get hot enough to burn clean, just not going to happen, dunno how stupid you actually are but pretty damn stupid is my guess, its been how long in this thread that you've been corrected by everyone and you still insist on being stupid
You really need to start showing some respect to your elders.

That's a start with what's wrong with today's generation

Indeed. And the addition of shredded tires to pavement greatly reduces cracking and wear. This is a good use of old tires. You may be interested to know that some large companies that have a need to produce either electric power or industrial steam actually burn tires for fuel, typically in a fluidized-bed furnace that can also burn oil, coal or natural gas. These furnaces burn extremely clean, and the exhaust gasses are scrubbed to remove SO2 and stray particulates. You would not see anything coming from the stack. Much better than burning tires in a brush pile!
I have a question: What do they do with the scrubbed particulates?
I know a little bit about scrubbers used in phosphate fertilizer facilities - but not near as much as a chemical engineer knows.

Really? You call that burning on the highway? First of all, it is diesel fuel, not oil. Secondly, it is not being burned "on the highway". It is being burned rather inefficiently in the engine.
What is diesel made from?

I have a question: What do they do with the scrubbed particulates?
I know a little bit about scrubbers used in phosphate fertilizer facilities - but not near as much as a chemical engineer knows.
It depends on what is being scrubbed and what system is used to scrub it. But mostly the solids end up either in pavement or landfills. Some ends up in drywall.

What is diesel made from?
Do you think that because it comes from petroleum oil that it is still oil? By that reasoning, if you eat food that was grown from manure as fertilizer, guess what that makes you? You are not paying attention to chemical changes.

Do you think that because it comes from petroleum oil that it is still oil? By that reasoning, if you eat food that was grown from manure as fertilizer, guess what that makes you? You are not paying attention to chemical changes.
If diesel smoke is not burnt oil what are burnt tires?

"You are what you eat" or something like thar
If you only knew what farmers fertilized their crops with, you'd probably not consume them. I'm guilty of that as well simply because farming is a business and as a businessman, I almost always look at the input costs. Consequently, I tend to use the least expensive fertilizers, so long as they do the job intended. Everything has to do with the bottom line.

If you only knew what farmers fertilized their crops with, you'd probably not consume them. I'm guilty of that as well simply because farming is a business and as a businessman, I almost always look at the input costs. Consequently, I tend to use the least expensive fertilizers, so long as they do the job intended. Everything has to do with the bottom line.
Oh I know about a lot of the junk they use, we don't buy store bought produce hardly every anymore, and all our meat is either chicken, Qual or rabbit we grow or grass-fed beef from a local well known farm shop

Says something when farmers suit up in hazmat gear to fill their sprayers, they don't touch it but expect you and I to eat it

Oh I know about a lot of the junk they use, we don't buy store bought produce hardly every anymore, and all our meat is either chicken, Qual or rabbit we grow or grass-fed beef from a local well known farm shop

Says something when farmers suit up in hazmat gear to fill their sprayers, they don't touch it but expect you and I to eat it
You say you know a lot then tell us all about your knowledge of agriculture.

I've never wore a haz mat suit when filling my big spray rig but I do run activated charcoal cabin filters when spraying simply because I don't want to inhale the overspray. Far as meat and vegetables, we mostly 'grow our own' here anyway and that includes beef, lamb and pork. No poultry however. I have Histo Plasmosis so I stay away from chicken shitte if I can.

You have to keep in mind that what comes out of the sprayer is diluted many times before it is even assimilated by a plant and whatever I spray is also diluted before I spay it.

I tend to use outdated DEF as a foliar inoculant for fertilizing because it's much cheaper than say 28% urea or 46 granulated. I look for outdated DEF and use that. Just picked up a 350 gallon tote of outdated DEF the other day for a hundred bucks. 350 gallons of DEF will fertilize my crops for an entire growing season.

Not many producers know about it and I like to keep it that way. DEF is nothing but 28% urea and deionized water. Smells like cat pee.

Outdated or frozen DEF cannot be sold retail and has to be disposed of and I'm the disposal person out here...lol

I do use 46 granulated, clay coated prills on the garden but the cost has gotten prohibitive. 2 years ago I cou8ld buy them for 15 bucks a 50 pound bag. Today they are over 50 bucks a bag, I do believe the increase in cost has a lot to do with Ukraine because most of it comes from there.

You say you know a lot then tell us all about your knowledge of agriculture.
I'd rather not but thanks for asking anyway. Lets just say I know more than I should but I won't expound on any of it. It's a 'need to know' and most people don't need to know anyway.

Fertilizer -Herbicide and pesticide application varies by state and the state controls most of it anyway. I have to be licensed by the state to use any of it. Just another way for states to glean money, ki8nd of like State income tax in a way.

I've never wore a haz mat suit when filling my big spray rig but I do run activated charcoal cabin filters when spraying simply because I don't want to inhale the overspray. Far as meat and vegetables, we mostly 'grow our own' here anyway and that includes beef, lamb and pork. No poultry however. I have Histo Plasmosis so I stay away from chicken shitte if I can.

You have to keep in mind that what comes out of the sprayer is diluted many times before it is even assimilated by a plant and whatever I spray is also diluted before I spay it.

I tend to use outdated DEF as a foliar inoculant for fertilizing because it's much cheaper than say 28% urea or 46 granulated. I look for outdated DEF and use that. Just picked up a 350 gallon tote of outdated DEF the other day for a hundred bucks. 350 gallons of DEF will fertilize my crops for an entire growing season.

Not many producers know about it and I like to keep it that way. DEF is nothing but 28% urea and deionized water. Smells like cat pee.

Outdated or frozen DEF cannot be sold retail and has to be disposed of and I'm the disposal person out here...lol

I do use 46 granulated, clay coated prills on the garden but the cost has gotten prohibitive. 2 years ago I cou8ld buy them for 15 bucks a 50 pound bag. Today they are over 50 bucks a bag, I do believe the increase in cost has a lot to do with Ukraine because most of it comes from there.
Sorry to hear about your histoplasmosis, hope it's not a bad case.
You said you're a farmer who uses DEF, high in nitrogen, have you ever raised poultry?

I never heard of histoplasmosis so I did a quick search and found some interesting maps and other info.
Maybe @Hermio can comment on the connection I'm seeing between the spore, it's thriving in certain areas, especially those high in nitrogen, the use of DEF (urea + water = 46% nitrogen) and the relatively high incidence of histoplasmosis in cultivated land.

Histo Plasmosis map.jpg

us_map_lus2.jpg

Once you contract it, you never get rid of it. I got it when I was a kid and consequently, the only poultry we get comes from the grocery store. I like chicken breaded and deep fried but far as having them on the hoof here, no way. Won't be buying anymore Tyson chicken either after I read that Tyson laid off a large number of their domestic employees and are replacing them with 'newcomers' as this administration likes to call them. Far as I'm concerned, they are illegal aliens and need to be deported, not taking domestic employees jobs.

Latest posts

Back