Brush and debris pile burning in cold weather?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You made the original accusation. I'd suggest that you quote a few of the "insults" you feel were aimed at you.
Here you go.

@Bill G Special child.

well, you have the mentality of a 4 year old which sums up the child part, and you're "special" as in "special ed"

hope this makes sense

not really, I don't sit there inhaling burn tires every day so my brain isn't rotting away like yours seems to be

I suspect you were dropped on yer head!

I second this!

Should listen to your own advice old man

Holy **** you're dense

Looks like Bill is stuck in a feedback loop, maybe he is a bot...

Seriously, whats Bill doing here anyways, as you mentioned, this is for pros to give advise, is he a pro or a homeowner who cut a tree for a neighbor 30 years ago?

He's being a copycat and trying out a technique I used on him and his bud earlier in P&R - only it ain't working out for him very well.
:laughing:

I wonder if he ever drank the water at camp Lejeune?

So you sucked at that too, huh?

I wouldn't consider them insults as much as an intervention...

As an aside, yet another piece of evidence you're not a pro... you wouldn't make it til lunch on a typical jobsite with that thin skin...

Allright, maybe you would consider that an insult, but it was meant more as an observation...

Burning tires was something many of us did in the past. It's illegal now in all fifty states to burn in an open fire as is burning waste oil, oily rags and other things as some have suggested here. Don't be so quick to throw brother Bill G under the buss for your sin may be as great.

Burning tires was something many of us did in the past. It's illegal now in all fifty states to burn in an open fire as is burning waste oil, oily rags and other things as some have suggested here. Don't be so quick to throw brother Bill G under the buss for your sin may be as great.
Unfortunately, Mr. Bill is still living in the past.
He's used the past 19 pages to defend his right to burn a tire, insisting it's not illegal.
This was the first
Free used motor oil and a free tire
The professionals here have been very patient and thorough in their explanations of why it's not done.
Rather than admitting his 'sin" (your word) and correcting his behavior (repent), he continues to profess it is not illegal to burn a tire... and like you are implying, rather than correct his behavior he is projecting his guilt onto others - thinking his "sin" is excusable if others have also committed some random "sin."

Why would you come to his defense when he has admitted no wrong?
I would think you would either back him and say, "Heck yeah! burn that tire," or subtly advise him to stop doing it.

I wouldn't consider them insults as much as an intervention...

As an aside, yet another piece of evidence you're not a pro... you wouldn't make it til lunch on a typical jobsite with that thin skin...

Allright, maybe you would consider that an insult, but it was meant more as an observation...
Well sir, based on your posts I believe your mouth would not allow you to even make it to a jobsite here.

Not once have I denied it is a citable offense.
The fact is here it is an offense that is not cited.
I know some cannot grasp that.

On the subject of burning waste oil if the folks think that is a such crime then they would drop a loaf in their shorts to see the shop where one local county Sheriff's department gets their oil changed and new tires. Ole HS has a homemade oil burner that he uses waste oil in for heat. I will assure you it is not "EPA approved". The police are there often getting squad cars serviced.

.......................Rather than admitting his 'sin" (your word) and correcting his behavior (repent), he continues to profess it is not illegal to burn a tire.............................
That statement is complete bullcrap. If you think that then go quote where I ever said that.
You cannot.

Well sir, based on your posts I believe your mouth would not allow you to even make it to a jobsite here.
no, his mouth wouldn't stop him from being on any jobs

you are the one being super sensitive about dumb ****, and changing the subject any time anyone gets even remotely close to getting you to say we are right...

no, his mouth wouldn't stop him from being on any jobs

you are the one being super sensitive about dumb ****, and changing the subject any time anyone gets even remotely close to getting you to say we are right...
Yes it as well as yours would. I know my area.

God gave you...........
2 ears
2 eyes
2 hands
2 feet

1 mouth

Figure it out.

Well folks, I was just pointing out that some of the other suggestion by other posters as to starting brush fires are in violation just as burning tires. I'm sure we have all done some of it, and may do it again to get that pile of brush going if in a tight. Me I wouldn't burn a tire these days as long as Biden doesn't ban gas and diesel :lol:

Well folks, I was just pointing out that some of the other suggestion by other posters as to starting brush fires are in violation just as burning tires. I'm sure we have all done some of it, and may do it again to get that pile of brush going if in a tight. Me I wouldn't burn a tire these days as long as Biden doesn't ban gas and diesel :lol:
Yeah, make it political...

Back