Brush cutter saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yooperman

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
My uncles deer camp was logged over the last 2 winters (popple mostly) and theres now and will be popple whips sprouting up. We want to get a decent brush saw to keep up with them on trails and if front of blinds. We used my Stihl 040(I think) with a 4 bladed brush blade and it works ok for whips up to finger size. I'd like to get one with a real saw blade. Jonsered, Husky, or Stihl prefered. Also do any of these go on sale at certain times of the year like Jonsered saws in the fall? Thanks.

well as an echo dealer i would go with a echo 5000 i have cut through some trees for the town with cement in them..only saw i know that is tough enough to cut through the cement in a tree, and still be able to take out smaller sapplings and light enough to run all day..
- jerry

I used a brush saw of my buddies once, and it was really not that great of a tool. I would rather use a different method, like a flail mower or something.

I bought a husky 235, about 12 years ago. It came with a 3-blade wheel. Kind of similar to a lawn-mower blade. Later on I purchased a saw blade, similar to a skill saw blade. To me, there was really no difference between the two blades, despite their differing characteristics. They both cut about the same speed. With the saw blade, your able to saw through some bigger brush, but it takes time. I don't use the cutter much these days. If I need brush cut, I bring home the "brushwolf", brush mower attached to a bobcat, that we have at work. Now that's a serious brush mower. 6 feet wide, and about 7 feet long, 83 hp, and cuts brush like a lawn tractor, mowing grass.

Latest posts

Back