I had a saw sorta stolen today.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188535

Chainsaw-wielding middle-schooler
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to Ace to pick up my axe that needed to be rehung as well as a carving chain. I also brought my MS 194 C to get a new muffler under warranty after the other one broke. My father parked his truck right in front of the store ( this will be important later ). I finished putting the stuff into the truck and got in. When we got home I realized that the saw was not in the truck and panicked. We immediately called the store to see if anyone turned it in and it was nowhere to be found. We went back and looked everywhere to no avail. Thank god that it had no carving bar or chain on it. I later reported it to the police as stolen.

I will be using my rainy-day fund to buy another MS 194 C as it is very likely that the saw will be extremely damaged. If I find the stolen Saw, I will be using it with an 8" cannon bar. The saw has a lot of sentimental value as it is my first Stihl chainsaw.

SN: 531671220

20231001_115142.jpg

You must live in an urban, high crime area. I've left saws and other stuff sitting everywhere and never had anything pilfered.
I got news for you they come out of the ghettos and travel as much as an hour to steal things. ATVs and expensive cars and trucks are on their list .

I got news for you they come out of the ghettos and travel as much as an hour to steal things. ATVs and expensive cars and trucks are on their list .
Not around here that I see. Besides, 'they' would stand out like a 'sore thumb' if you get my jist..... Been living out here for over 40 years and never saw a 'ghetto' rat, ever.

So the tail gate was down?
Well. It was on the toolbox.

Awkward The Office GIF

I'd say the onus of your theft is entirely on you alone. Me, I'm not about to live anywhere near the stink of urban decay. Curious as to how your firewood sales are going, you haven't said anything about it lately... One thing I do know all too well is, the closer you live to any urban area, the more it will cost you in the long run. Out here in 'Flyover country', nothing much changes day to day.

I'd say the onus of your theft is entirely on you alone. Me, I'm not about to live anywhere near the stink of urban decay. Curious as to how your firewood sales are going, you haven't said anything about it lately... One thing I do know all too well is, the closer you live to any urban area, the more it will cost you in the long run. Out here in 'Flyover country', nothing much changes day to day.
Yep. firewood sales are going really well.

Here's something to cheer you up.
Felixia just posted her thoughts on the Stihl battery saws she uses. Enjoy
Female lumberjack
Cool video. I actually got the saw back. Somebody found it on the side of the road and decided to not be a total sack of crap and brought it to the store. I was about to use my rainy day fund to buy another one but I will probably be saving it for another emergency.

Latest posts

Back