I had a saw sorta stolen today.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should clarify. Around here, it's not that stealing from a store is no longer a crime, it's that it's now a minor misdemeanor until over $1k, ticket and release type of deal. Same level as jaywalking and pursued the same way - not at all.

I give it two years before stores around here start changing to an order online and pickup only business model, and customers aren't allowed in the aisles at all. Some stores elsewhere are already doing this, and order online for pickup at the store is an option at most stores already.

So lucky, one day you will
I left chainsaws all over my yard for years without any problems until recently! I had some little ballsy idiot pull in to my driveway about two months ago and got me for some very nice condition equipment while I was laying down with a headache! He through my Jonsereds 525 in my face and had just enough time to get in his car and drive off with about six saws! And I have to do my own investigation because the police here in Portland Oregon won't help you with theft of your property.But i know too many people around the area and someones gonna slip up and I'm gonna come down on this fool like has no idea! Because I own a chainsaw collection and one of the saws he took was a vintage Wright power saw with the reciprocating blade, and you just don't see them every day! And I'm well acquainted with all the chainsaw nuts like myself in the area and it will show up soon i have a good feeling. I have 135 saws so he didn't even put a dent in how many I still have! And he caught me off guard slacking! But he woke up a sleeping giant! And if there is one thing I know about a scoundrel is, if he got away with it once he will come back for seconds! And I'm very vigilant at this point and I'm ready for his return and God be with him if he gets that stupid! And yes I have baited him with a couple of dead old chainsaws. 😉

I left chainsaws all over my yard for years without any problems until recently! I had some little ballsy idiot pull in to my driveway about two months ago and got me for some very nice condition equipment while I was laying down with a headache! He through my Jonsereds 525 in my face and had just enough time to get in his car and drive off with about six saws! And I have to do my own investigation because the police here in Portland Oregon won't help you with theft of your property.But i know too many people around the area and someones gonna slip up and I'm gonna come down on this fool like has no idea! Because I own a chainsaw collection and one of the saws he took was a vintage Wright power saw with the reciprocating blade, and you just don't see them every day! And I'm well acquainted with all the chainsaw nuts like myself in the area and it will show up soon i have a good feeling. I have 135 saws so he didn't even put a dent in how many I still have! And he caught me off guard slacking! But he woke up a sleeping giant! And if there is one thing I know about a scoundrel is, if he got away with it once he will come back for seconds! And I'm very vigilant at this point and I'm ready for his return and God be with him if he gets that stupid! And yes I have baited him with a couple of dead old chainsaws. 😉
I hope you find out soon andget them back before he passes them on. Sadly police here in the uk seem to be getting the same attitude and cant be bothered. Two I know took some sweet revenge when one had a motocross bike taken from his garden shed, they found out who it was a local, so went to his house, he answered the door and they dragged him out, he denied taking it so they threw him in the back of the van, drove up the mountain and gave him a hiding, still he wouldnt say where it was. so they poured petrol over him, that didnt it he squealed like a pig, took them straight to the bike. They then dropped him at the police station and said we got the bike back it was him. They were more concerned of his bruises, they just said he fell over :lol: some time you have to do what you have to do but the law is often on their side and not the victim's side, for some strange reason.... probably too many do-gooders saying he didnt mean it and not his fault, as they run away with someones property. Cut their fingers off, they dont do it again, a bit harsh but crime is getting worse and do-gooders getting more......until it happends to them:angry:

Around here folks just walk out of stores with stuff. Nobody is allowed to stop them and under a certain dollar value, it's not even considered a crime anymore.

Here I saw 3 Hispanic males running full sprint from home depot with weedeaters and of course toward a yard crew.

I had an Echo 510evl stolen from me by my sister in laws family when we spent the weekend together at the cabin. I knew which one it was but jokes on them because it didn't run and wasn't going to run outside of rebuilding it.

I got news for you they come out of the ghettos and travel as much as an hour to steal things. ATVs and expensive cars and trucks are on their list .
I've had friends who have had ATV's and bikes Stolen, others have had Box Trucks Stolen, and still another has had his U Haul trucks stolen which was later used to haul off Dirtbikes and ATV's elsewhere in town. Uhaul and Box trucks Found abandoned in Baltimore city, 40+ miles away.

Cool video. I actually got the saw back. Somebody found it on the side of the road and decided to not be a total sack of crap and brought it to the store. I was about to use my rainy day fund to buy another one but I will probably be saving it for another emergency.
GLAD YOU GOT YOUR SAW BACK. I WOULD HAVE been the ONE who would have returned a saw to that store.

I have had some non powered but still pricey enough tools fall out of the back of my truck once. I had stopped at a lumber yard to return some extra bags of concrete I do believe. My truck with a cap was packed pretty full when I shut the tailgate.

After leaving the yard, I drove maybe 1/4 mile up to an intersection and made a left turn, another 1/4 mile and a right turn into a parking lot where I saw a 5 gallon bucket of mine fall in the lot behind me. When I got out to pick it up, I realized a bunch of my other trowels and floats were missing. Headed back to lumber yard and they were nowhere on the ride back. Someone snapped em up that fast.

YOU sir are as close to DC, BALTIMORE, PHILA etc where criminals are now almost given free passes and get out of jail free cards.
This is the perfect video proof of how brazen criminals have become without fear of real consequences.

In a firearms forum I belong to, we have a running joke, " bet it was the Amish" again.

It used to be. Not exactly a given in this day and age.
It never was. It's just a platitude that was parroted over and over so many times by the ruling class, and the media, that it became an accepted as truth by the masses. I mean, they had to tell people something to make them ok with giving their country away. What they call diversity is a weakness.

Thought of this thread today.

Followed a pickup truck, at least half a mile, or so, into the parking lot of a large home center.

Had Tonneau cover on box, but tailgate down, and couple hundred dollars worth of tools visible near the back of the box, where they could have easily bounced out. .

At least they closed the tailgate when they went into the store.

Philbert

Latest posts

Back