buck battery powered line trimmer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Collins B

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
There is a great post on battery powered hand tools, covering drills, impact tools and accessories a few pages back. I'm trying to find some info/opinions on some of the lithium powered line trimmers. Anyone on here have any hands on experience with any of the different brands?

I have the top of the line husqvarna one from around 5 years ago. It has the motor near the ground with wires (3 of them) going down the shaft. It has full power and speed in both directions, It is even possible to attach a blade to it but I have not ordered the necessary parts and don't plan on. Makita has one similar with the motor near the ground but the way I read the description it only has enough of a reverse to untangle itself. Generally a curved shaft spins opposite a straight shaft so is there really a preferred direction. (For those of us who take the guard off.) The Husky one has never unscrewed the line part on it's own. There may be others but those 2 put their parts sheets out.

I have the top of the line husqvarna one from around 5 years ago. It has the motor near the ground with wires (3 of them) going down the shaft. It has full power and speed in both directions, It is even possible to attach a blade to it but I have not ordered the necessary parts and don't plan on. Makita has one similar with the motor near the ground but the way I read the description it only has enough of a reverse to untangle itself. Generally a curved shaft spins opposite a straight shaft so is there really a preferred direction. (For those of us who take the guard off.) The Husky one has never unscrewed the line part on it's own. There may be others but those 2 put their parts sheets out.
Appreciate the explanation .

Back