Recommend a pole saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Silky (now Notch) Hayate or Hayauchi

I'm not a big fan of power pole saws, but I'm looking into the 530iPT5, pending backorder status.
I've got Jameson B-Lite poles with a (I think) "Samurai" blade. Cuts very fast in green or pine (old dead oak is kinda slow lol) and very easy to use with 0, 1 or 2 pole segments (each pole is 6'); 3 poles is doable for cutting branches that are about 18' up (need at least some angle on them) and 4 gets difficult but can still be done but it's really bouncy.

Only very occasionally is there a branch I wish I had a power saw for and then it's usually too high up for a power unit to reach anyways and I end up using a rope saw, which is a PITA but it still gets done.

I have the echo PAS and that works around my property. Pole saw, brush cutter, cultivator, hedger heads all get occasional use and work good. Mostly used as a weed trimmer and excellent for that.
I have the same thing with 4 attachments including the pole saw, I love the thing, tons of power and super versatile.
I have the paddle broom, that thing is wild haha, it really works!
Also have the HD weed wacker head and Brush cutter head with a few brush cutting blades.

The Echo system would be over budget; I'm also not looking for anything gas powered. Homeowner, not pro.

Really leaning towards the Milwaukee pole saw. I'm sure the Ryobi attachment would work, and Harbor Freight has a corded option with really good reviews, but I've never regretted stepping up to the higher quality tool. Only a few bucks over budget.

Just pulled the trigger on the Milwaukee pole saw.

I scrolled quite a ways down the Milwaukee pole saw options, looking for something that came with an extra battery for the same price or five bucks more, or something similar. Happens frequently. Didn't find a deal like that this time, but did find a package with a second spare chain for $15 more, so went with that.

Thanks everyone. I'll report back after I have some use on it.

Just pulled the trigger on the Milwaukee pole saw.

I scrolled quite a ways down the Milwaukee pole saw options, looking for something that came with an extra battery for the same price or five bucks more, or something similar. Happens frequently. Didn't find a deal like that this time, but did find a package with a second spare chain for $15 more, so went with that.

Thanks everyone. I'll report back after I have some use on it.
That is a nice option. If I wasn't already in the Ryobi ecosystem i would probably go that route. Enjoy!

Pole saw arrived!

Works great, didn't even slow down for anything I've thrown at it. Didn't take long to stack more brush on the trailer and take care of most of what I wanted a pole saw for. 100x easier and 1000x safer than doing the classic homeowner on a ladder with a chainsaw stunt, and costs less than an ER visit, too. Reach up and zip zip, done. Ridiculous overkill for what I do, but no regrets or buyer's remorse. Very pleased.

I think it's going to get more use hedge trimming and controlling blackberries than cutting limbs.

Only the tiniest of complaints, it doesn't balance perfectly, and that's my fault. My biggest battery is 6ah, and I think a 12ah battery would balance it right.

Thank you all for the recommendations.

IMG_20230812_074832.jpgIMG_20230812_074435.jpg

Latest posts

Back