• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Budget 50cc saw -- under $250

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasterMech

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey Fellas,

I have a good friend that recently changed jobs and took a pretty big pay cut for a couple years. He's looking for a good firewood saw to take some of the pressure off his aging 018. I'm open to options but I'd like to snag a solid runner, preferably a pro-type saw but I'm open to certain clamshells in exceptional condition. We're on a strict $250 budget here (including the shipping....) so needed repairs and what not must be taken into account. I don't mind helping him stay on budget and doing some small repairs but I'd rather not end up putting a top-end on it (at my expense) or something like that.

Like I said, we're open to options but pro-50cc class units step right to the front of the line please!

Let me know if you think you have something that would fit the bill!

Thanks,

MM

I have a 51 I ported with all OEM parts for sale. I am asking $300 shipped with bar and chain (16" Oregon). I know it's just over your price range but it is a very healthy saw and well worth $50 extra bucks.

Just throwing it out to ya. Needs nothing.

Thank you all who offered saws or other assistance! We have chosen a beautiful MS260 Pro. The generosity and overwhelming support from members on all 3 major saw/wood forums has once again impressed me to no end.

That's a great saw. With a muffler mod and 40:1 it should be a runner for awhile!

Thank you all who offered saws or other assistance! We have chosen a beautiful MS260 Pro. The generosity and overwhelming support from members on all 3 major saw/wood forums has once again impressed me to no end.
What there's 3:surprised3::laughing::lol:.
Glad you got what he needed, the ms260 is a great little saw for sure.

What there's 3:surprised3::laughing::lol:.
Glad you got what he needed, the ms260 is a great little saw for sure.
One of the big considerations is that Stihl is the easiest brand for him to get parts for. I would have loved to have introduced him to an underdog saw but a proven reliable creamsicle is going to be the easiest saw for him to live with long-term.

Back