build off challange

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trust me. As a builder, there's a lot to loose. Enter a saw that doesn't meet expectations, and you know as well as I do that the gang would be all over it, like mud on a hog. Yes, it's fun, but it's a little stressful too.

What it tells me is that most of the audience here isn't into building race saws. That's all.

Scott specifically said woods port Brad.

Except a lot of body hair...

And skin....

U know what they say, "once u go Bear, you never... umm....uhhh...." Well I'm pretty sure they say somethin....

ca4d1e92.jpg

Scott specifically said woods port Brad.

My bad. Somewhere along the line, my mind started thinking race saw. I don't feel like reading the whole thread again to figure out where I went off course. I'm not interested in a chain buildoff though. Same model new chains as in the other buildoffs for me. Otherwise, it's not a saw buildoff.

call me stupid, but what ddoes this mean?

Yeah I'm totally not gonna call you stupid. I'll call ya Tree, TM, Monkey, Monk, Scott, and or other brevity names I may think of..... :)

But the definition of "In Before The Lock" means "I made it in this thread in time before a moderator locked it down to prevent further posting."

What it tells me is that most of the audience here isn't into building race saws. That's all.

Oh please...every newcomer to the site spends a week of evenings drilling holes in mufflers and taking out cylinder gaskets. For what? Reliability?

Every time I mod a saw I'm thinking "race". Or maybe it's just me.

All it takes is one pic from TW or EC to shake me back to hard reality. That doesn't mean I don't want to build a race saw. It just means I can't.

Yeah I'm totally not gonna call you stupid. I'll call ya Tree, TM, Monkey, Monk, Scott, and or other brevity names I may think of..... :)

But the definition of "In Before The Lock" means "I made it in this thread in time before a moderator locked it down to prevent further posting."

di i do something wrong that would cause this to happen?

that fella would have to send out a search party to find his junk in that hairball :looser:

Oh please...every newcomer to the site spends a week of evenings drilling holes in mufflers and taking out cylinder gaskets. For what? Reliability?

Every time I mod a saw I'm thinking "race". Or maybe it's just me.

All it takes is one pic from TW or EC to shake me back to hard reality. That doesn't mean I don't want to build a race saw. It just means I can't.

Lol. Like you said, that's only racing until you see a real race saw! That's an entirely different ballgame.

parris, i just wanted to include you. you are more then wellcome to attend my gtg.

Thanks Scott, I figured I would be welcome if I was building a saw. However, getting there is even more $$ then shipping a saw. Don't get me wrong I'd love to come, I just dought it will happen. With a family 2 young kids, its very hard to get away on my own for a few days, in fact I've never been away on my own since having kids. Now if there were a GTG here on my turf that would be a different story. But when you all find out how much it would cost you to get here, I don't think anyone would come.

di i do something wrong that would cause this to happen?

Lol no not really - But race building and competitive building threads have always gotten ugly and gone downhill. They usually get locked sooner or later. I think everyone knows you started this thread with good intentions so it's really no big deal and nothing for you to be concerned about. If the thread gets locked it's because some can't keep their cool.

I think lately this site has been great. Everyone has been getting along great, well mostly anyway! LOL, not too long ago I seriously considered leaving and never coming back. Fact I did stop posting for a bit, but I did come back. I hope it stays this way.

Latest posts

Back