Building a 500 Hotsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dennis,
all of the cooling features have been defeated except for the conduction properties of the aluminum. I assume that heat must not be a factor. How much does the saw heat up after a run?

Buck

formerly lucky001

Low in the Ass, low in the grass

Dennis, I know you have doubled as a stunt midget on Monster Garage with your 500 bike saw and all, but I was just wondering how a sawed off runt would manage with such a big motor. Does being built close to the ground become an asset while using such a big saw?
I guess what I am saying is I'm only 5' 1.5" as well. Do you think I could carry it, or would it be carrying me?
LOL
LOL
John

How many hours goes into building one of those monsters???? It must feel like a jack hammer running that beast. How much does it weigh also when finished??

All the best,
Tracy

Hey Dennis I will send this motor to you to build for this season cant wait to kick some Rupley AZZ with it

1995 and its fresh 10 over with a new crank and ported cylinder the head has alos been rechambered I figured since I have a lot of #10 chisel chain i should use it up with a real bike saw

Gypo Logger said:
Dennis, I know you have doubled as a stunt midget on Monster Garage with your 500 bike saw and all, but I was just wondering how a sawed off runt would manage with such a big motor. Does being built close to the ground become an asset while using such a big saw?
I guess what I am saying is I'm only 5' 1.5" as well. Do you think I could carry it, or would it be carrying me?
LOL
LOL
John

Just have him make up a wheel that can swap out for the bar and chain and you can ride it from event to event.

This is a really cool thread! Keep up the great pics and explanantions.

It is good to see your project making good progress Dennis, I am looking forward to seeing it fully assembled and some pics of it making some cuts

Awesome thread Dennis and a beauty looking machine so far, excellent pics too! That there puppy is gonna bark like a wolf! :blob2: I look foward to seeing it up an' running. Are you going to manufacture your own bar too? Probably getting ahead on ya but am just plain curious on a coupla things, like what kind of chain are you thinking of running on that beast?

Why would you leave us in suspense so long. Move it over or finish her here, but just keep her coming.

Fred

Latest posts

Back