Building a 500 Hotsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dennis, I wanted to convey a funny story about hotsaws.
I was in a saw shop awhile back and was naturaly talking about saws, anyway this mechanic there asked me if I'd ever seen the Predator V8 hotsaw and my response was, "sure I do I know the guy and I started it up and ran it in a bar in B.C."

Sounds like BS to me, I never heard of you befor and I own the saw, by the way which saw shop was that you went to?

Telling it straight...Rotax

Hey Dennis. Those are interesting pictures. When you build a 500 cc race saw, how much do you have to run it to break it in, or is breaking it in necessary?

Rotax Robert said:
I was in a saw shop awhile back and was naturaly talking about saws, anyway this mechanic there asked me if I'd ever seen the Predator V8 hotsaw and my response was, "sure I do I know the guy and I started it up and ran it in a bar in B.C."

Sounds like BS to me, I never heard of you befor and I own the saw, by the way which saw shop was that you went to?

So you're saying Gypo is a BS'er...Huh, I never would have thought.

Since he's using old motors.. I'd guess they wouldn't need any breakin, depending on if he replaces any parts that is.

Rotax Robert said:

I'm the sucker who gave you my 357XPG simply because you needed a saw and your the chump who will never get out of the camp you're in. :blob2:
John

Dennis Cahoon said:
This 500 will get new main bearings, fresh bore, piston/rings, small end rod bearing, and new gaskets and seals. So the only thing that is used is the big end rod bearing. It will be a little tight.

So tha's why you milled the crankcase with the bearing still in place, or is it that now you have to replace it...? :D

Latest posts

Back