Bull rope

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Another Bucker

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello. I'm looking for advice on a good bull rope about 200' long. Most of its use would be as saftey line to insure minimal impact on surronding trees in woodlot, but I can't rule out the occasional back pull or hung up tree getting yanked on. I hope to err on the stronger side as you never know what can happen. I have mostly oak in the 8 to 20" daimeter 180' height range. Thanks.

Another Bucker said:
I have mostly oak in the 8 to 20" daimeter 180' height range. Thanks.

180 foot oaks? Not in NJ . Maybe 70 - 80 foot tops but not likely at those skinny diameters. More like 50 - 60 foot tall.

Yep. Rule #1.

Advertising of any kind is not permitted at this site unless you are a sponsor. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, click here. This includes mentioning manufacturers, dealers, etc… in the forums or through ArboristSite.com e-mail or private messaging. You are also not permitted to include phone numbers addresses, fax numbers, e-mail addresses, or web addresses or links in your posts, e-mail, private messages or signature lines unless you are a sponsor. You are not permitted to mention you are a dealer, unless you are a sponsor.

who would use wesspur anyway? Thats the shady outfit that offered free shipping on my ropes, then hacked off 37' to cover shipping. the length missing, times the price per foot exactly equalled the shipping amount posted on the box. Then when I call them about it, suddenly I'm a liar, and hung up on.
yeah, I'll be real quick to deal with that cheating bunch again!

Tom, lose the TH verses AS crap. your links were fine, but why did you feel the need to phrase it in such a childish manner? I don't care what you do at the TH, when you're here, show respect to the site owner, or leave.
-Ralph

i think a guy that joined a month ago and has 16 posts stumbled with a rule that is not common to other well known arborist's sites; while trying to be helpful. Then got called on it.

To a lot of folks; these forums are more about "...in giving without measure" (Moody Blues). So, i submit that in the zeal of buying a computer and connection; then taking one's own time to give back the help that has been lent you and others; one may not be conscious of stopping half way at some unseen border. Especially someone new, that hasn't seen the depths that this has been dis-cussed at.

i have a vision of my own web sight that i don't list as am not a sponsor here; but in fact freely list this and other places in ads i maid myself. The list of folks showing appreciation/respect for advertising them ends just past Butch, Tom/ Mark, Lady Che & Miss McQ; yet i still go survive. For most of us as myself, the giving is not about the money. That was the initial idea of the internet as we know it; and climber's forums as Tom set the standard for.

All the aggression isn't necessary; just different understandings as to our collective purpose on these forums.

TheTreeSpyder said:
i think a guy that joined a month ago and has 16 posts stumbled with a rule that is not common to other well known arborist's sites; while trying to be helpful. Then got called on it.

(blah blah blah, misused synonyms, edit)
You missed it Ken. 4-5 smartaleck and rude posts were deleted. You're passing judgement where the evidence has been cleaned up. Sort of like I cleaned up your post when I quoted it. He was warned 3 times and kept coming back with attitude towards the moderators.

begleytree said:
who would use wesspur anyway? Thats the shady outfit that offered free shipping on my ropes, then hacked off 37' to cover shipping.

So far my experience with Wesspur has been very good. Wesspur has always done me right. They talked me thru getting my Caddies and then let me know that my order would qualify for the free shipping if I did it online...but gave it over the phone anyway. Their main tech guy (I think Sean?) was very helpful. Good customer service for me so far.

I recently got a Samson 9/16 Stablebraid from them...haven't used it yet, beautiful clean yellow rope...should be easy to see,

Specifications: Double Braid Polyester
Breaking Str: 13,300 lbs.
Weight: 11.6 lbs/100'
Spliceable

I ordered 150', got 150'...still in the sealed Samson bag.

Waiting for a good chance to use it.

So I guess we can't mention Husky,Stihl,Dolmar,Mcculloch,homelite,poulan,shindaiwa,morbark,bandit,conehead,vermeer,yale,samson,echo,logosol,woodmizer,future forestry products,gmc,ford,chevy,dodge international and so on....

All manufacturers that aren't sponsors so illegal to mention per the rules.

It must have been somewhere else where there used to be a stimulating exchange of information,

WTF are you guys doing? No need for the smartaleck, snide jabs at ASite. If you don't like it, go the F back to TH where you came from.
:deadhorse:
:notrolls2:

skwerl said:
WTF are you guys doing? No need for the smartaleck, snide jabs at ASite. If you don't like it, go the F back to TH where you came from.
:deadhorse:
:notrolls2:

Not sure where you going with that one Brian as I don't remember ever leaving AS. Having membership at other forums doesn't mean I can't express my dismay at where I see this place heading. I remember when Darin used to make fun of Spike and his banishing people to disneyland. A lot has changed. Or maybe I should delete all my posts and run away?

If anyone is interested in the Husky line, I have access to it. I dont stock it and I dont have it on my website, but I can and WILL chase the prices for you.

Latest posts

Back