Bull rope

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Newfie said:
A lot has changed.

Yes it has Newfie. the forum has changed, membership has changed, and the manner in which members post has changed. Take yourself for example: I don't remember you diseminating inaccurate information before. There were really only 2 people involved with what happened earlier, tom and myself. Tom is on a 3 day vacation, and I haven't told you what happened, so how would you know enough to assume that the site is all screwed up? I submit to you that I get a great deal of PMs everyday from members calling for other members to be banned. Those recommendations are rarely followed, and yet, when someone does warrant a few days off, other members without any firsthand knowledge of the proir events will jump on the mods and this site. Those members can usually be found on the membership list of another site. Coincedence? maybe once or twice. But it happens the same way everytime, odd as that may sound.
Being a member somewhere else is fine, great even. It's when a few dual members show up here just to start trouble, and run this site down that we have a problem. Ask yourself or your friends if such conduct would be allowed there. Easy enough to see who takes the high road, and who is only attempting to cause trouble, isn't it? That kind of attitude shows too, they think it pulls members and sponsors to their site, but this site isn't begging for handouts from the regular working man membership list in an attempt to survive either, now is it? Running this site's paying sponsors into the ground, while at the same time attempting to attract those and other sponsors to the aforementioned site is not good buisness practices. Thats akin to showing someone that guns are dangerous by shooting yourself with one!
Darin visited the other site not all that long ago, wiped his feet, and followed all the rules (and then some) while he was there. All anyone is asking for is the same common decency to be shown here. Is that really too much to ask?
-Ralph

Unfortunately Ralph, you do miss alot of what goes on "behind the scenes", as it were. How ya been?

Brian... Howdy.

Dan... shut yer stinkin' piehole for once.

Kenny... speak english, would you PLEASE?

BTW, David, how nice of you to offer to obtain Husky brand rope for your customers/potential customers.

Perhaps I missed something but linking to sources for a particular product that the sponsers do not carry wasn't considered bad behavior in the past.:confused:

NeTree said:
Unfortunately Ralph, you do miss alot of what goes on "behind the scenes", as it were. How ya been?

Erik, I may not be up on current events as I usually am, but am trying to keep up. About one month ago my father in law and I had an accident in the garage involving a fire. I sustained 1st and 2nd degree burns to my legs, and my father in law received 2nd and 3rd degree burns to everything from his beltline to his face, including both arms. So, with the time I spent in the hospital, and then the traveling a 5 hour round trip to the hospital visiting him, running my tree company, along with running his heating and cooling company, fixing up his bedroom so he'll be able to function when he gets home this wednesday, and having a life with my family has understandably kept me from perceiving the smallest of nuances that ebb and flow within this and other sites. I shall endevor to improve as time and family allow.
Otherwise, I've been fine. Thank you for asking. How have you been?
-Ralph

Pretty good, Ralph. Busy as all hell, but well. Glad to hear you're still functional.

Dan, I always wipe my feet when I come here... usually on the first retard I see, which just happened to be you. Sorry- I'll try to play nicer. =)

Greets Justin!

I keep a 5/8" stable braid for bigger stuff. It used to 200' now it's around 175, and that makes a difference coiling it. I also keep a 1" in the box, but it's only around 100'. Most times my 150' half inch let down is plenty. My two cents.

Wow! There is some serious bickering going on in this thread. Personally, as a new member, I have gathered some really valuable information here. I have purchased hundred's of dollars worth of product from the AS sponsors as a direct result of seeing their ad's and recommendations for other AS members. From a commercial/business standpoint the business model appears to work well and I would bet the sponsors are getting nice return on investment for being here. Now I need to be honest, all of the rules you guys talk of are not put in front of the new member to agree upon during registration. At least I do not recall seeing them when I signed up. Just a thought, maybe it should be drilled in a little deeper to the new members the do's and dont's. I am in no way trying to stick up for the guy who lost his privileges, he deserved what he got for being belligerent. I have since read the regulations myself and feel that they are fair and reasonable and I can't see anyone having a problem with them.

Tom

Back