bundles sold out!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The store owners are one family, and they attend my church. They own a radio-shack and gas/convenience store. I think they do pretty good business, and they would sell ethanol-free gas if they could get it, but their Phillips 66 supplier doesn't carry it.

Small businesses are best. I do what I can to support them, and they pay me back as well.

Interesting that your neighborhood store owners don't have the ethanol-free gas either because our local Phillips station doesn't. I thought perhaps it was a choice they made to only carry 3 kinds of fuel do to storage issues.

Interesting that your neighborhood store owners don't have the ethanol-free gas either because our local Phillips station doesn't. I thought perhaps it was a choice they made to only carry 3 kinds of fuel do to storage issues.

they're 3 octane ratings only use 2 tanks...

Here is a map of stations that carry e-free. I seem to live smack in the middle of e-free-free land.

upload_2015-2-9_22-26-15.png

The grocery store in my town sold bundles last year but not this year. The wood had to be kiln dried to kill any mold and bugs. They had them laying om the floor around the bottom of the produce displays that mist the vegtables. I counted 60 some bundles and I think they were selling them for $5.99.

We have a station that sells E free but only in the summer. The reuse the kerosene tank in summer. Kerosene in winter. Worse part is that no stations sell much 91 to 93 octane in winter so what you are getting has been languishing in the tanks for months and usually seperates right out of the pump.

My local gas station is selling bundles for $7.99. Generally around the area I see bundles going for no less than $5 and usually closer to $6.

Every time I see a price like that I mentally calculate how many bundles I could make from the wood I have on hand right now, and how much money that would add up to, and it almost makes me want to do it. Almost.

The fact that there are zero stations near the center of each of the largest cities on your map make me question why....

the one guy I was getting e-free from told me it was from official fed epa maps. Higher population density areas aren't allowed to sell it. I don't know if that is true, just what he said. Where I am is just outside the atlanta no sell zone, so there are stations around here.

Uncle, did you ever install that redigun? I have a thousand more sitting in Beautiful downtown St. Louie, to get.

Uncle, I also got into the bundle business this past fall. I make my bundles similar to Zoggers. I use a bushels basket to fill it up. Each bundle gets 3 regular splits & 4-5 smaller spits. I use a hand held shrink wrap roll to wrap & then flip it to do the other end. I also include a small bundle of kindling with a fire starter attached to the bundle.

I sell to 4 local gas stations / convienent stores. Business has been okay but not what I thought it would be for the winter. I just picked up a new customer who wants 40 bundles at a time. His old supplier is no longer selling wood, & he saw my bundles at one of the stores I sell to & really liked how they were packaged and bigger than what he was selling.

Does anyone use a strapping machine like this?

00F0F_j1QSaxdFw9K_600x450.jpg
I was thinking about adding a couple brackets to set the wood in.

So, guys, you need bundles...come on down to South Florida; bundles there you ask?! Yeah, our grocery stores are selling extremely small bundles, like maybe 8 pieces of very small splits, for six bucks. I estimate that single purchase would burn up in one night. Meanwhile, our Power Company's sub'd-out tree hackers down white oak all day long and chip it away :confused: Boy are they missing the boat...

I did a bunch last weekend, around 50 in about 1.5 hrs on the machine I bought from John's Welding. Works great.
I'm sure I'll get faster as I sort out a "system" too.
I just was fiddle farting with it mostly.

Was wondering, on the guys that do shrink wrap, have your tried wrapping when the wood is still green?

Back