Burning Tires?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, there sure is a lot of thought going into what to burn.

Why not just disconnect the flue from the chimney and run it into the room?

Zero heat loss!!

If one would cover the end of the flue pipe with an old sock, or panty hose, it might keep all of the ash out of the house.

Definitely would want to keep the stack temp below 1000° F.

This post is in jest, of course.

Honestly,when I rolled into the village last night(heading north on GR)I smelled plastic burning as soon as I got over the tracks. :monkey:

and no it wasnt me :laugh:

wampum-
I'll start by apologizing to you and the others here... it seems I didn't know shine-o-la about cement kilns. I was given quite an education on cement kilns, grinders, limestone and whatnot last night.
My wife is mad as a hornet at me also.

I'm the curious type and couldn't let this rest so I drove over to dads house last night (less than a mile). He broke out a new bottle of whiskey and we proceeded to empty it, and I've got the headache to prove it. Didn't get home until late, no supper, wife p!$$ed-off, fire out, etc.

Anyway, they didn't burn tires when dad was working at the cement plant (actually two of them, Lehigh and Northwestern), they burned coal and he only heard they were using tires some years later. Dad had no idea what a Precip. filter was, but said they used what he called "scrubbers" on the kilns... He only worked the cement plants for a few years in the early 60's, didn't work the kilns, and couldn't tell me much about those "scrubbers".

I'm feeling a bit the fool, my understanding of a cement kiln was way off, and dad had a pretty good laugh at me also. But it's not a total waste, dad, I and the whiskey managed to solve several of the world's problems last night... just wish I could remember how we did it.

Whitespider no problem,I feel as bad as you. The reason being is I did not know this was a post that had turned to a fun thread. And I gave a serious answer.Sorry about that.

But last night I went over to the local hospital and checked out the dumpster. I found some good stuff,right now I am heating the home with body parts that were cut off yesterday in the ER. Heats pretty good,had 7 or 8 folks stop by and wanted to know if there was a steak house around. They said they could smell them cooking. I just cooked them up some hamburgers,they were happy and less the wiser.

Whitespider no problem,I feel as bad as you. The reason being is I did not know this was a post that had turned to a fun thread. And I gave a serious answer.Sorry about that.

But last night I went over to the local hospital and checked out the dumpster. I found some good stuff,right now I am heating the home with body parts that were cut off yesterday in the ER. Heats pretty good,had 7 or 8 folks stop by and wanted to know if there was a steak house around. They said they could smell them cooking. I just cooked them up some hamburgers,they were happy and less the wiser.
fat's where its at

I started this thread after laughing at the "soaking wood in oil" thread.

This was intended to be a joke from the start.

I am still laughing.

I started this thread after laughing at the "soaking wood in oil" thread.

This was intended to be a joke from the start.

I am still laughing.
so is this egoistically assumptive humor ? Do u have any facts or just asssuming whatever so to entertain ur jollies instead of manual labor?

so is this egoistically assumptive humor ? Do u have any facts or just asssuming whatever so to entertain ur jollies instead of manual labor?

I think YOU spend way too much time in your parents basement on the internet. On the other hand ...........Your posts are by far provide the most humor to me.

Be Green my brother.

I think YOU spend way too much time in your parents basement on the internet. On the other hand ...........Your posts are by far provide the most humor to me.

Be Green my brother.
the essence of assumptive humor= u think u know & diddle henceforth so keep laughing instead of debating SCIENTIFICALLY, if ure capable

the essence of assumptive humor= u think u know & diddle henceforth so keep laughing instead of debating SCIENTIFICALLY, if ure capable

Howdy Poot.

Do you have a scientific recipe for what you type?

From what I've read, so far, the chemical make-up leans toward a lot of hot air.

Of course, heated air can be important in some combustion applications.;)

For the time be'in and all, I'm aguess'n yous'n is just try'n to be fun with your posts.:)

Howdy Poot.

From what I've read, so far, the chemical make-up leans toward a lot of hot air.

For the time be'in and all, I'm aguess'n yous'n is just try'n to be fun with your posts.:)
i posted 2 linx
1- pelletized rubber as a greenhouse fuel 4 whatever reason
2- 2000 patent for burning tires supposedly "clean"
ya, the fun is playing the game instead of sitting on the sidelines making intellectually mastubatory comments with no contents other than self contentment:yoyo:

Howdy Poot.

Having known Pook from 'another list' (that he is no longer on), he burns a sawdust furnace and/or a modified pellet stove with a reclaimed minnow basket filled with sawdust which he refills with a shovelful of sawdust every 1/2 hour and is vented with galvanized pipe....

Does this explain anything? :hmm3grin2orange:

Shari

Having known Pook from 'another list' (that he is no longer on), he burns a sawdust furnace and/or a modified pellet stove with a reclaimed minnow basket filled with sawdust which he refills with a shovelful of sawdust every 1/2 hour and is vented with galvanized pipe....

Does this explain anything? :hmm3grin2orange:

Shari
pook is alive & still trucking & experimenting, pipe from pstove is painted black & too cool!supposedly........light dimmer cuts pstove wattage/exhaust 1/2 but though the glass gets sooty, the stove produces more heat inhouse....mfrs. manuals foremost worship mfrs. liabilitie$$$ & thats fine AS LONG AS THEY PUBLISH FACTS SUCH AS SMOKE ANALYSIS PER EPA TESTING!......& I aint got my requests answered yet,only deferred, wonder why IF THERES NOTHING TO HIDE?

i posted 2 linx
1- pelletized rubber as a greenhouse fuel 4 whatever reason
2- 2000 patent for burning tires supposedly "clean"
ya, the fun is playing the game instead of sitting on the sidelines making intellectually mastubatory comments with no contents other than self contentment:yoyo:

I agree.
I have come here 4 years because most think outside the box where as other "lists" seem to be coastally challenged in a box.
Butt wading through the plethora of one line self gratifying and non-amussing to me post count growth hormones has had little reward lately.
The heard needs to be thinned ,me thinx.

I agree.
I have come here 4 years because most think outside the box where as other "lists" seem to be coastally challenged in a box.
Butt wading through the plethora of one line self gratifying and non-amussing to me post count growth hormones has had little reward lately.
The heard needs to be thinned ,me thinx.

I can't find anything in the A.S. bylaws that states all posts must be serious and factual. Sometimes I offer help, sometimes I ask for help and sometimes I laugh at all the fact some people sit here waiting to pounce with loads of "facts" they dig up on the internet. If you pay attention several people on here find humor to be Funny. I am sorry you dont. Me thinx maybe you should thin yourself....... Lighten up.

Last edited:
Back