Burning Walnut??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noticed at Menards in Minot ND, yesterday, that they had bundles of split, walnut firewood for sale. I am sure they shipped it in from somewhere, because there are not that many walnuts in this area. A fellow up NW of here got a big spread in the paper this morning because he had 100 walnuts on his 15 year old tree. First time it had produced anything. We have a couple dozen trees here in Bottineau, but they do not produce very heavy. I am surprised though that I have never seen them die back from frost damage in the past 14 years. They leaf out early and lose their leaves late, just the opposite from those in IL where I grew up. Bob

I know a fellow up about an hour from the city. He has a timberking sawmill, he is taking a lot of oak off his 600+ acres, but has had a lot of luck with walnut also. He mostly sells to hobbyist, but has a pretty cool setup. He sells a bit cheaper than others, so I don't know what he'd pay. I go up there a lot of weekends to cut firewood, so I go up empty... Let me know next time you have something worthwhile, maybe we can all work something out.

Hey Bottlefed, how can I get ahold of you if something comes up?I might have some Walnut to get rid of if this bid that I'm waiting on comes through.

Latest posts

Back