Buying a new chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wafi zarudin

wafi zarudin

ArboristSite Lurker
Thank you for all the reply. I bought my self a new saw today MS 360 with a brand new bar and chain the chain is a semi chisel chain. Cold compression test was 175psi did it in 3 pulls. Started after choke 2 pull cold. Nice decent power and cuts like butter on ash. Paid 300 for it felt like a really good buy. Hopefully I did okay.

wafi zarudin

wafi zarudin

ArboristSite Lurker
Ended up trading the ms 360 for a ms 660 I had to pay a 50 dollar difference, Pawn shop didnt know what they had :). They had a ms 660 for 500 i low balled them 300 and they counter offered 350 and i said deal plus they took my saw for 300 lol, I think they said it would be easier to sell a smaller saw that big one. But whatever i ran out of there with a gently used ms 660! so much powaaa lol

wafi zarudin

wafi zarudin

ArboristSite Lurker
Hope it ain't stolen!

well it was from a pawn shop so I'm still in the clear even IF it was stolen. Also found a awesome 023 and a 026 pro both for 250, both had 18" bar and came with 3 extra chains, plus an extra 20" chain its a rusty chain but after a sharpen it cuts! Got me all the saws i need.

wafi zarudin

wafi zarudin

ArboristSite Lurker
Yea I told them and it wasn't leaking when I brought it in. The guy said they had some people that could fix a leaking gas tank. But I ended up picking the 023 and 026 just so I had smaller saws cause I don't wanna use the 660 for everything lol.

Latest posts