Buying a new chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for all the reply. I bought my self a new saw today MS 360 with a brand new bar and chain the chain is a semi chisel chain. Cold compression test was 175psi did it in 3 pulls. Started after choke 2 pull cold. Nice decent power and cuts like butter on ash. Paid 300 for it felt like a really good buy. Hopefully I did okay.

Fuel tank ended up leaking lol where the two pieces went together, got some glue and glued it back together lol hope it holds.

Ended up trading the ms 360 for a ms 660 I had to pay a 50 dollar difference, Pawn shop didnt know what they had :). They had a ms 660 for 500 i low balled them 300 and they counter offered 350 and i said deal plus they took my saw for 300 lol, I think they said it would be easier to sell a smaller saw that big one. But whatever i ran out of there with a gently used ms 660! so much powaaa lol

Hope it ain't stolen!

well it was from a pawn shop so I'm still in the clear even IF it was stolen. Also found a awesome 023 and a 026 pro both for 250, both had 18" bar and came with 3 extra chains, plus an extra 20" chain its a rusty chain but after a sharpen it cuts! Got me all the saws i need.

Yea I told them and it wasn't leaking when I brought it in. The guy said they had some people that could fix a leaking gas tank. But I ended up picking the 023 and 026 just so I had smaller saws cause I don't wanna use the 660 for everything lol.

Latest posts

Back