Buying a splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ulyssesjones

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all. I have been reading these forums for a while now and have found a wealth of great information. I have been looking to buy a log splitter and have found the information on this site to be invaluable. I think I have settled on a Huskee from TSC. Their 27 ton model comes in under my $1500 max budget while still receiving decent reviews from owners on this site. It comes with a Honda engine which is also nice. Not to mention none of the box stores have splitters in stock this time of the year. If I had the money I will say that I really liked the American CLS log splitters I looked at but as much as I tried to justify the cost in my head I just don’t have the money.

Just wanted to thank everyone here for all the great info. I am now addicted to this site.

P.S. If anyone has a TSC coupon they wouldn’t mind parting with I wouldn’t say no.

new splitter

I just went out today and got the 22 Ton from TSC. $200 dollars off right now. $1099.99. 5 gallon pal hyd oil $39.99. I had a $400.00 credit i added so it was a sweet deal. The 6.5hp B&S motor should last for many years. Thanks to all for the great info on this site, I rushed right out to get one. Only one left now in the store and it needs assembly and a fellow called for that one while i was in the store. 12 gone less than a week.

I'm thinking about going with the Synthetic 5W-30 for the motor as it can handle all temps. I will let you know soon how it's performing. My cylinder is 41/2 x 24 not 4 as stated in the Owner's Manual.

Has any one tried a 4 way with this model as the wedge is on the shaft?

Thanks guys for all your input.

swhaman

They are selling well at the TSC near me as well. They had about ten a month ago, now down to 3-4.

SpeeCo 22 Ton update.

Well the SpeeCo 22 Ton started on the first pull. I was cutting all the big rounds 2-3 ft today and it went through it all with no problems. I was impressed with the speed and force. I think it was 100 times faster than hand splitting and 100 times easier work too. I should have bought one years ago. Sorry no time for pictures yet.

Jones,
You might want to parner up with someone if you really wanted to buy that
American splitter. It might be a way to afford it. A four-way wedge would be nice. Here's a pic of my Huskee with a work table I bought from a guy on Ebay. Costs about $70; I added the diamond plate to it to keep small stuff from falling through, like cookies.
Splitters are a hot property right now, so get em while you can.

Latest posts

Back