Buying new Husqvarna saw on ebay?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was kind of caked with sawdust and oil, so took 30 minutes and cleaned 'er up a bit. In solid condition physically though.

I sawed a few logs I had laying around and it cut great but didn't want to low idle very well, going to need to adjust that.

Also, the breather for the gas tank was leaking fuel. I have a chainsaw bracket for my 4 wheeler that the saw rides in and is oriented vertically. There was quite a bit of gas that leaked out of the breather, I came back to a puddle of fuel. Is it normal that fuel would leak from here if the saw is not laying on it's bottom or side?

Sometimes those tank vents get tampered with so it's possible it was modified a bit. If there's just a hose coming out of the tank you can stick a small screw into it but leave enough room to allow for it to breathe a little. A picture of the back of the saw with the carb cover removed might help.

IIRC, there is are two grub screws in the vent hose. One or both could be missing. You got a great deal on that saw. I had mine on eBay with an offer of $175 for the same set up, but some folks here convinced me to keep it.

Both of the screws are in the tube. When I topped it off to replace the gas that leaked out and put the cap back on and then moved (not even positioned the saw vertically) there was fuel bubbling in the tube. I know it needs to breathe, but are there any other options to prevent gas from leaking out of this tube?

Both of the screws are in the tube. When I topped it off to replace the gas that leaked out and put the cap back on and then moved (not even positioned the saw vertically) there was fuel bubbling in the tube. I know it needs to breathe, but are there any other options to prevent gas from leaking out of this tube?
Tube could be cracked, and/or the grommet is cracked. Had both issues with my 025.

Probably a better setup for a vent hose is the way Poulan did it on the 3400 saws. They used a duckbill valve inside the tank attached to the end of the line and ran the line up behind the cylinder near the carburetor. It let air into the tank but wouldn't let fuel out. Stihl has been experimenting with all difference ways to vent the tank and never settled on any one system as far as I know..

Usually I buy saws at that place to fix up and sell. This saw is one I'm probably gonna keep unless something happens. I have a couple others that I would hate to let go of also.
I'd buy all the 346's that came along at that price, running or not. But never have found one for under $200.

Back