Buying saws on the Net

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lagrue

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Where is the best place to buy a saw on the net? I am looking at getting a husky 372xp or a jonesred 2171. Local dealer quoted me 789 for the husky. 720 for the jonesred.

Where is the best place to buy a saw on the net? I am looking at getting a husky 372xp or a jonesred 2171. Local dealer quoted me 789 for the husky. 720 for the jonesred.

Check your PM. Online Husky's have dried up but there are still some Jony's out there for about $600.

Man.. he's slamming you the beef on the 372xp. Bought mine last year for $569.99 W/ a 20" bar and chain. Shop around

Man.. he's slamming you the beef on the 372xp. Bought mine last year for $569.99 W/ a 20" bar and chain. Shop around

Yeah, I am done with him. I went and talked to my jonsered dealer. He will sell me the 2171 for 675, with some files and some oil. I can get it for 619 on line but I am sure it will cost a good bit to ship it. It dont look like I will save enough to go around my dealer, I am willing to pay for service. I just dont like taking it in the shorts.

Good decision buying it from your local dealer. I think the rewards down the road will outweigh the negligible price difference.

Yeah, I am done with him. I went and talked to my jonsered dealer. He will sell me the 2171 for 675, with some files and some oil. I can get it for 619 on line but I am sure it will cost a good bit to ship it. It dont look like I will save enough to go around my dealer, I am willing to pay for service. I just dont like taking it in the shorts.

Do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buying saws on the net.

It's getting hard to find them on-line. There is no service, so just pick the cheapest place and watch out for shipping.:)

Just the other day I was over at my dealers asking about a 339xp. He said that it could be ordered and the cost is $480
I just bought a 346xp from him for $407 a few weeks ago.
I got home and there is a 339xp on e-bay for a starting bid of $366 I quickly went to a different web site, for now.

Go back online to the place you bought yours from and report back to us what the current price is...that is if you still can buy them online there.

You've got to figure the Husky dealer prices will be going up now that they don't have to compete with web sellers. Just the big box stores on a few homeowner models. One of the online sellers is now directing you to the Jonsered saw page for comperable saws to the Husky line they used to carry online.

Matt

Congratulations Cisco,

I wasn't going to mention their name since they don't sponser here. Check their site. The only two huskies they are selling are the 137 and 142. Everything else is a call #. I see that their daily top sellers are back to being all Husky though. That wasn't the case a couple of days ago.

Matt

Go back online to the place you bought yours from and report back to us what the current price is...that is if you still can buy them online there.

I purchased my saw from my local dealer here in Columbus Ohio. If anyone is interested in a 372xp I will check to see if they have more stock.

I purchased my saw from my local dealer here in Columbus Ohio. If anyone is interested in a 372xp I will check to see if they have more stock.

I just checked w/my local dealer. I can get a 372XP With a 20" bar for
$599.00. I could probably get it for somewhat less with alittle arm twisting.

Steve

Bailey's sells the 372XP full-wrap for $579.95 (powerhead only), I have no idea what their shipping charge would be. I just ordered some stuff (not a saw) from them for the first time yesterday, but up until now I've heard nothing but great things about them. I'm not sure if you can call-in a order on a Husky saw or if you have to buy in-store...I've heard and read both ways regarding Husky saws. However, If you can get a comparable deal locally it's generally a good idea to buy it locally.

P.S Bailey's states the saw is a full-wrap...it may actually be a 3/4 wrap...don't know, I haven't talked to them.

Last edited:
if bailey is $579 and the local guy is $599 that seems like a great price. give the man your bizzness.

if bailey is $579 and the local guy is $599 that seems like a great price. give the man your bizzness.

You're confused. Kallaste is in Ohio, Lagrue is in Arkansas...not his local guy.

Last edited:
Back