C-52, Zip, 600 D Homelite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justsaws

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just finished putting a C-52, Zip, and a 600 D homelite back together. Nice saws, running well. My question is for people that ran these when they were closer to being new. I was curious about opinions as to their power and to compare them to the other brand's equal sized saws of the day. Price being an issue. Things like the starter cups wearing out, etc. I collect all brands of saws and and am not brand specific with favorites. Just looking for some information and opinions.

homelite

Dad used homelite back in the day. So i was around most of them They were a good saw I think it was a ford -chevy thing and most would come up with some feature or two that changed the game. Then came the sweeds and lighter faster saws were in (also more mechenical sound) What killed the us saws was they just didn't keep up with the others and went to box store sales. Dollar to dollar and pound to pound the homies were good as any but to me after the 60's they never truely modernised.:buttkick: :rock: :jawdrop:

Back