Just bought An Old Chainsaw. Info needed please.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did the saw turn out??????
Well, i haven’t really been in a position to do anything with it other than keep it as is, which is in very, clean and close to new. Actually it’s sitting with my other one on a curio as an ornament! lol!

Before i bought it, i saw a video of it running. but when i received it, it lost spark for some reason. I’m wondering if the points got knocked outta whack on the ride over to me because when it was restored, all new parts got put in it. That shouldn’t have happened so quickly with new ignition parts.

As soon as the weather cools off i’ll mess with it. For now, i’m just trying to stay alive. It’s been getting between 103 and 110 at work every afternoon for the past few weeks.

Well, i haven’t really been in a position to do anything with it other than keep it as is, which is in very, clean and close to new. Actually it’s sitting with my other one on a curio as an ornament! lol!

Before i bought it, i saw a video of it running. but when i received it, it lost spark for some reason. I’m wondering if the points got knocked outta whack on the ride over to me because when it was restored, all new parts got put in it. That shouldn’t have happened so quickly with new ignition parts.

As soon as the weather cools off i’ll mess with it. For now, i’m just trying to stay alive. It’s been getting between 103 and 110 at work every afternoon for the past few weeks.
That one i just mentioned is my solid red one with the spikes.

I have not found a set of spikes for my other one yet because i’m still really anxious that it won’t work as intended. I need to knock that out of my head and give it a shot though!

Currently i’m working on a partial restoring of a Poulan 4200 and i’m looking for an air filter that will work for it, and i’ve got to rebuild the carburetor and put in a new fuel filter. I’d looking good though!

IMG_0907.jpeg

Got a new old stock clutch cover for it and gave it a paint job (no runs). Now working on getting the rest of the parts cleaned up for a repaint. Trying to get the muffler screws undone without breaking them. that’s been a chore, they’ve got just enough corrosion bonding on them to really make it a pain. Not worried about the piston really, it’s got compression that’s just as firm as my Mcculloch Big block 1-52 and 1-76. Really want to do a little muffler mod on it.

I feel ya on work I work in plastic thermoforming. It's usually 100 if lucky but usually 110-130° I got a nice burn last night 🙄 that's weird it lost spark, does the coil test out good? I have a 5 cu in wards Remington I just got and I'm fighting with a non oiler of a saw. IMG_20230714_111239593_HDR.jpg

Back