CAD Strikes at TSC - "For Parts... Yea Right"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea I was surprised to see that much of a discount. Typically it's 25-50 bucks off a "reconditioned saw" which is still covered in bar oil & wood chips. They'd probably have more takers if they cleaned them up a bit. I'll admit it's a one and a thousand find, but if you don't look you'll never find anything.

I was this close to getting all their returns at my local TSC, no questions asked, any make model, for a benjamin per., woodsharks to 455 or 460 husky. Made the offer to the manager, a lady, she says..let me think on that for a few days, we can work something out probably. Great thinks I...few days later all those tornadoes hit our area, every saw around got snapped up, including their barely marked down used saws.

Doesn't matter, since then I have learned more about saw wrenching and I can get much cheaper to score various saws running, but not as low hours or shiny as those used once and returned models.

Sometimes you get the bear, etc

Nice to have wife that understands how bad the CAD bug can bite. I'd keep her.
My luck runs closer to Zogger's. (We just sold the last one)
The truth be known, I got more saws than I need and don't NEED another.
Don't have room for anymore, well, maybe just one more.
Incase you haven't been told, "You suck".

Nice to have wife that understands how bad the CAD bug can bite. I'd keep her.
My luck runs closer to Zogger's. (We just sold the last one)
The truth be known, I got more saws than I need and don't NEED another.
Don't have room for anymore, well, maybe just one more.
Incase you haven't been told, "You suck".

Everyone can luck out on local deals now and then, but consistently, just to get a good saw, it is pretty hard to beat the AS classifieds. I have yet to get a stinker, either buying or swapping. Everything from everyone has been as described and for a real fair price or swap.

Yea I was surprised to see that much of a discount. Typically it's 25-50 bucks off a "reconditioned saw" which is still covered in bar oil & wood chips. They'd probably have more takers if they cleaned them up a bit. I'll admit it's a one and a thousand find, but if you don't look you'll never find anything.

I had to quit looking because I was "finding" way too much stuff.

Nice find, the local TSC won't take off near that much. Like others I have enough saws now sitting on shelves that have not been run in quite a while.

Back