CADs........ is this how it starts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you guys talk about CAD, I assumed you meant 8, 10, maybe a dozen saws.

I had no idea the disease could get this bad.

Some of you guys are seriously in its grasp!

Mine is just in my head currently, where I sit in boring meetings and think about the all saws I would own IF I owned a bunch of land.

Which small top-handle, which 40cc, 60cc, etc.

I got 3 saws. 2 in the last month. And I don't even have a fireplace!! Or burn wood for any other purpose.
Except when I go camping.

Yep. Guy gave it to me when I got that blue homelite xl. Said a tree fell on her so the frame is broke where the top handle mounts. Has grate compression and spark though. Not sure what will be her fate. Was kinda hopeing to find another one and make a runner. That will be a fall/winter project.

Btw I kinda like that eager beaver. I'm gonna put a set of dawgs on her and see what she go.

I've got 5 of those 3.7's now, thanks to Machinesttx.

Are you sure that you actually bought all of those saws? Is it possible that you might have stored a couple in the truck and came back some time later only to find several more?
I went out to the shed one day and opened it kind of quick, cause I heard a commotion inside, this is what I found.
Not even half a cutting season later, I had three little critters hanging around the wood pile. They ain't full growed yet, still their bars are full toothed and 15 to 16"s long. They're a might shy so I didn't get their pictures to post, kinda like cats ones yellow, a red and an off green.:msp_rolleyes:

Are you sure that you actually bought all of those saws? Is it possible that you might have stored a couple in the truck and came back some time later only to find several more?
I went out to the shed one day and opened it kind of quick, cause I heard a commotion inside, this is what I found.
Not even half a cutting season later, I had three little critters hanging around the wood pile. They ain't full growed yet, still their bars are full toothed and 15 to 16"s long. They're a might shy so I didn't get their pictures to post, kinda like cats ones yellow, a red and an off green.:msp_rolleyes:

So THAT'S how it happens!:msp_w00t:

Looking good NewtoStihl. I love all the orange and white. I wanna add more of that to my collection....... and maybe a few of those goofy orangeish huskys and after running my new mac today I could see more yellow comming into the show. That eager beaver ran grate. Not as quick as the stihl but it was still fun.

Looking good NewtoStihl. I love all the orange and white. I wanna add more of that to my collection....... and maybe a few of those goofy orangeish huskys and after running my new mac today I could see more yellow comming into the show. That eager beaver ran grate. Not as quick as the stihl but it was still fun.

Not sure where that came from, right thread?:confused:

Came from this post/pic and then me babbling on about different brands I would like to own more of but I was just reffering to them by the colors that said brands of saw normaly make their saw. Ie orange and white for stihl yellow for macs ect ect

Seeing the photo from Guido makes me feel a lot better about myself!

My CAD is less severe, but much more color-coordinated! For me it all started a year ago almost to the day with a local Craigslist ad titled, "Chainsaw in a box - $15". I ended up with about 50% of an 064 that I sold off as parts and took quite a liking to. Then I met ELECT6845 and one short year later I've purchased nearly 100 saws, but thankfully sold most of them. As a matter of fact I'm headed to Joe's place in the morning to pick up a couple more!

This photo is from a couple of months ago. I think I only have 16 in the shop at the moment.

View attachment 308371

yeah, the whole CAD thing sucks alright. The GF got me a ms170 for clearing trails for the bday, and was at an auction tonight and picked up a nice looking 028wb for $50. 150 on the compression, piston is clean, just needs a little cleaning and tuning. up to like 14 or 15 now, no where near some of the other guys, but it's growing.

Latest posts

Back