Call me crazy....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just have a bunch of little dents and a crooked tailgate, I try to park in nice open places and I don't mind a little walking if it means I can drive home without trying to see around a top stuck in the hood. My partner on the other hand, he parks close to the cutting... and likes to use his truck to pull logs??? so for he's owned it for 2 years, its missing front bumber, giant dent in tailgate, back window broke out, and replaced, couple little dents in the hood from tops getting all sorts of snuggly and fresh...

IDK git.... by the time I get to the landing all the good spots are gone! So I just pick the nicest crap spot outta the road of the trucks and everything else. I guess I'm one of the nice foresters... uh forest intern... uh maybe technical forester... ah %&$# it im confused now!!! :dizzy:

Even if you beat them up to the unit, something will happen where they won't like where you park. I made it up at dawn just ahead of the rigging crew. We both parked and they started throwing out coils of haywire. Then, the Faller gods showed up, fashionably late (must've had to drive up to the other mini mart for Donettos) and the crummy and I had to move. There weren't a lot of options so I ended up down the road quite a ways. However, since I was the age of the hooktender's mom, he and the yarder engineer sent the crummy down and gave me a ride back up.

The dent gives you a little woods cred but that whole rig is suspiciously clean.

It has been my daily driver since September 1993. What you can't see is the missing clear coat down the hood and roof, the back window held up with wood wedges, the row of dents on the driver's side where the trackhoe operator misjudged his clearance and swung a small pecan tree down the entire length nor the chain link imprints across the tail gate from a sudden let go. Best of all is the permanent aroma of bar oil and mix that fills the interior. Wife says it is time to trade. I say a new one is useless to me. Ron

It has been my daily driver since September 1993. What you can't see is the missing clear coat down the hood and roof, the back window held up with wood wedges, the row of dents on the driver's side where the trackhoe operator misjudged his clearance and swung a small pecan tree down the entire length nor the chain link imprints across the tail gate from a sudden let go. Best of all is the permanent aroma of bar oil and mix that fills the interior. Wife says it is time to trade. I say a new one is useless to me. Ron

once you get that first love tap out of the way it's not so bad after that.:msp_wink:

As many as you could stand.

Then you'd have to get on the Chainsaw threads, tell everybody that you already know everything about everything, complain bitterly about what a dud your saw is, how horrible the chain is, remind everybody that you already know everything there is to know about saws and chains, and argue with all the advice, both good and bad, that you're given, make threats, leave in a huff, return and threaten people, get banned, register under a new user name and get banned again, and go away convinced that everyone hates you.

Hmmm...got a little mod burnout going here I think.

That sounds exciting....NOT!
If he's convinced that everyone hates him, why in the world would he want to sneak back in under a new name? :dizzy:

Andy

ron , does that have the ft and r locking diffs?

Sure does. I special ordered it that way. First truck came in with no lockers. Told them this was unacceptable. They replied they don't come that way on the east coast. After I pointed out that the sales brochure didn't list any geographic limits, they found this one up your way in Oregon and shipped it to me. I had to wait a month and pay for a sun roof I didn't want but otherwise I got the bare bones truck I ordered. The color is great as red clay is about the only dirt that will stand out on it. Other than 11 mpg, it has been a great truck. BTW I misspoke in my earlier post, I got it in September 1992 not 1993. My best friend is a car dealer and he can't wait for it to die. He says I'm bad for his business. Ron

once you get that first love tap out of the way it's not so bad after that.:msp_wink:

This wasn't the first "love tap", but it still hurt. The stump that got me was about 80' tall. :laugh:

0827120705_zps8a7448d8.jpg

Andy

heck bob other than the personal attacks it all gives me a good laugh.

you are too tall and your shirts would look like a tent on me. nah nah nah

I took artistic liberties with accident reports, filed quite a few.

The Nates are fiber pullers, Tarzan wears a thong, Rounder, well what can I say....

Firewood hack here requesting ruling on the "crummy" status of my woodhauler. Pertinent info: Glass still on floor behind and under the seat from repeated back window bashings before I added the headache rack, at one point used to have fenderwell trim and mud flaps, passenger door only opens with a secret handshake, no major bashes in the sheet metal, but both rear quarters of the box are bent up pretty good, tailgate long ago stopped being functional and has been replaced when needed by a chunk of plywood, mirrors are aftermarket, not oem, and the quality has not changed between the passenger side and the newer driver's side (yes, I'm disappointed about that), rear bumper has a slight vee in it from being used as a skidder hitch point before I put a junkyard receiver hitch on it, not to mention the custom flat black paint job that mostly covers the different original colored body panels.

Exhibit "A":

attachment.php

Or is it just another old farmer's wood hauler that'll be eligible for "Collector" plates next year?

:msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

Back