Call me crazy....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thot I saw a RandyMac. I do! I do see a RandyMac!!!! :givebeer:

:ices_rofl:

For some folks, that is a heart stopping event.

Since my brother passed on, I have run across two of his "friends" who didn't know that we were twins. One of them reacted badly and ran, the other had to sit down, poor guy had quite a shock.

:ices_rofl:

For some folks, that is a heart stopping event.

Since my brother passed on, I have run across two of his "friends" who didn't know that we were twins. One of them reacted badly and ran, the other had to sit down, poor guy had quite a shock.

Glad I could lighten up your evening there Randy. I like to think I'm contributing to world peace.... :hmm3grin2orange:

I know of several rootwads, I don' need no stinkin' GPS thingy, and the rootwads are close to the road.
They'd be hard to tip back up because of the ^%$# firewood cutters. Oh well.

by rights they are usually pretty easy to tip back just cut the stem off low enough, the weight of the root wad is enough to tip it back, usually... seems most fire wood cutters are to scared to cut that close though:rolleyes2: course you still have to make an edumacated guess as to whether they lean forward to far... really gets the heart up...

Our firewood cutters are extremely bold, or foolish. Seems everybody "used" to do some falling. Now the quality of that falling??:msp_wink: Maybe they were of the quality of the OP? I have posted a picture of a lateral barberchair. The guy whittling on it worked at our local mill. I saw no blood or picture on the Post Office door. Somebody came back and finished up the tree.
267445d1355412558-ruhroh10001-jpg

View attachment 267445

Where’s our resident shrink? Why all the kamikaze posters in the logging forum lately?

Too bad the OP was wrong. If I could ditch the wedges, I would also ditch the big pocket logger jeans and the suspenders that give a false appearance of competance.

Ron

Note to slowp: Go easy on us firewood hacks. Rootballs are one of my favorite challenges. Don't make me go wimpering back to another forum where we have such interesting reads as I don’t sharpen my chain I just buy new.

Where’s our resident shrink? Why all the kamikaze posters in the logging forum lately?

Too bad the OP was wrong. If I could ditch the wedges, I would also ditch the big pocket logger jeans and the suspenders that give a false appearance of competance.

Ron

Note to slowp: Go easy on us firewood hacks. Rootballs are one of my favorite challenges. Don't make me go wimpering back to another forum where we have such interesting reads as I don’t sharpen my chain I just buy new.

Ron, you forgot to add "gray hair, wrinkles, and a limp" to the equipment list. And one other thing...you have to have an authentic U-shaped dent, preferably several, in your pickup and one side mirror held on with duct tape from running into trees.
The trees usually get run into while trying to turn around in a bad spot because the forester parked in the good one.

The trees usually get run into while trying to turn around in a bad spot because the forester parked in the good one.

OK, well, I gotta add that we forester types beat our trucks up, too. Mostly it's from getting into and out of places where the sale will be in a year or two but nobody's been in forever and it'll be a cold day in hell when we're gonna hoof it a hojillion miles just to see all of the boundaries. Yeh, my truck's in the body shop again (GSA takes dents personally) and I await the ass-chewin' but I'm not worried about it because dammit, there's work to be done. All of my damage is in the bottom quarter of the quarter panels because that's where the hidden old stumps live.

Ron, you forgot to add "gray hair, wrinkles, and a limp" to the equipment list. And one other thing...you have to have an authentic U-shaped dent, preferably several, in your pickup and one side mirror held on with duct tape from running into trees.

Does this qualify? Stump jumped out and clobbered me. Note the truck is squatting due to the overloaded trailer. Ron

attachment.php

View attachment 267559

I was very bad. When the fleet manager would phone and remind me to get the dent fixed, I'd say OK, I'll get to it soon. I managed to retire without having to deal with it. This took some avoidance of certain people and staying out in the woods when certain people were up to the district.

My main problem was CB antennae. I lost them driving through the brush before the road got brushed.

Now, if I put my chain on backwards, and never sharpened it, how many cords of firewood could I cut before having to buy a new chain?

IDK git.... by the time I get to the landing all the good spots are gone! So I just pick the nicest crap spot outta the road of the trucks and everything else. I guess I'm one of the nice foresters... uh forest intern... uh maybe technical forester... ah %&$# it im confused now!!! :dizzy:

Now, if I put my chain on backwards, and never sharpened it, how many cords of firewood could I cut before having to buy a new chain?

As many as you could stand.

Then you'd have to get on the Chainsaw threads, tell everybody that you already know everything about everything, complain bitterly about what a dud your saw is, how horrible the chain is, remind everybody that you already know everything there is to know about saws and chains, and argue with all the advice, both good and bad, that you're given, make threats, leave in a huff, return and threaten people, get banned, register under a new user name and get banned again, and go away convinced that everyone hates you.

Hmmm...got a little mod burnout going here I think.

Does this qualify? Stump jumped out and clobbered me. Note the truck is squatting due to the overloaded trailer. Ron

attachment.php

View attachment 267559

Got wood cred foo! Rollin west coast style yo! :laugh:

That sucks man. I've had run ins with stumps and crap. Never did serious damage to any company trucks but my Jeep has some, shall we say, "character."

Back