Calling All Husqvarna XP Guys. Need advice on a project/parts saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlfA01

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Morning Folks.

Happy Sunday. I was looking at classifieds and came across a fella that is selling a 562XP parts/project/scrap saw. I'll post the link to the saw below.

I've worked on some Huskys, but I've never dealt with any of the newer ones, especially with auto-tune, so I need a little advice on potential money pitfalls and problems of this earlier model 562XP Auto-tune.

From what I can see its missing the P&C + exhaust. It also looks like the throttle trigger and throttle safety are missing, most probably the rigging in between it and the carb are gone too.

The pics show it is definitely a 5-bolt case, therefore, is known to have a design flaw that causes the case to leak bar/chain oil under the muffler. I'm certain this is the model that has heat issues as well, which causes the auto-tune to over rich or lean the saw so it doesn't restart when hot.

Any input is welcome, i.e., price/worth, rebuild and mods suggestions, North American vs EU models, etc.,.

Here is the link: https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/562xp-saw-missing-parts-build-or-scrap.318088/

I can buy this saw all day here for 680 EU delivered to my door, so I'm more interested in the hobby of rebuilding the saw at much lower price than new.

Cheers, :cheers:

I'm Mechanically CHALLENGED, not Inclined, so I wouldn't be one to take on a project like that, but if you Enjoy projects like that Good Luck, and I Hope that the parts needed keep the cost down to where it is a worthwhile project for you.

Have Fun,

Doug :cheers:

I quite enjoy turning wrenches. I was an aviation mechanic in the Air Force in my first life. I have a license to mechanic on airplanes, but I chose to live pretty far from an airport. I've taken up fixing chainsaws and other outdoor power equipment in my spare time and I do freelance arborist work and landscaping to make extra money. I also sell quite a bit of firewood and olive oil (we harvest olives for oil).

It keeps me busy, which is good, or otherwise I may spend all my time fishing. ;)

I would rather spin a REEL HANDLE than a WRENCH, different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Some people don't understand how the Wife and I can actually ENJOY going up in the Woods Cutting Wood, to some that is just Work :confused:

[photo=large]4878[/photo]

Fun and Delicious

[photo=large]4877[/photo]

[photo=large]4880[/photo][photo=large]5007[/photo]

My Wife, Best Friend, Fishing Buddy and Wood Cutting Partner

[photo=large]4886[/photo][photo=large]4887[/photo]

My Favorite Deckhand

Doug. :cheers:

Back