Can I put a 24inch bar on a Poulan Pro PR5020?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,
I have the crazy idea of putting a 24inch bar on Poulan Pro PR5020 I only plan on use the saw with a 24 inch bar for limbing and cutting small stuff. I was thinking about using a skip tooth chain if I tried using a bar that long. I'm concerned that the saw would not be able to oil a bar that long. Considering this is a throwaway saw I would like to know if the bar would be interchangeable with other saws.

I'm more of just curious on if a 24inch bar would work or not. I'm more then likely going to put a 18inch bar on it vs the 20inch.

Hi all,
I have the crazy idea of putting a 24inch bar on Poulan Pro PR5020 I only plan on use the saw with a 24 inch bar for limbing and cutting small stuff. I was thinking about using a skip tooth chain if I tried using a bar that long. I'm concerned that the saw would not be able to oil a bar that long. Considering this is a throwaway saw I would like to know if the bar would be interchangeable with other saws.

I'm more of just curious on if a 24inch bar would work or not. I'm more then likely going to put a 18inch bar on it vs the 20inch.
20220903_075928.jpg20220903_075928.jpgbeen running this 24 on my new 4218 for about 5 cords so far no problems, it honestly cuts and oils the bar good, had to drill new oiling holes, air intake mod, muffler mod, ngk plug and tunned the carb a little shell hit 12 grand and its not lean, have a 2050 on the way that will be getting a 28

been running this 24 on my new 4218 for about 5 cords so far no problems, it honestly cuts and oils the bar good, had to drill new oiling holes, air intake mod, muffler mod, ngk plug and tunned the carb a little shell hit 12 grand and its not lean, have a 2050 on the way that will be getting a 28
I see an old thread has been re-visited. So how well does that saw pull a 24" bar in 42" of Oak or any wood actually....

Pulls the full bar barried in iron wood, have cut down 4 trees now over 24 inch and it has em all down in less than a minute

Well 4 trees over 24 inches in less than 60 seconds. Heck that must be the next Timbersports saw.
Nope but i think it dose run this bar pretty damb good for what it is, just cuttin our own firewood and just having fun, i treat it half decent and dont push it to much just let it eat away

You know, I was cutting up an Oak in the woods and rocked the 20” on my MS290. I’d already converted it from.325 to 3/8. My MS660 had the 36” bar and mill on it. So I grabbed the 25” for the 660 and put it on the 290. It pulled just fine in the 18” wood, so I kept going. It got the whole log bucked up, last cuts the tip just poking through the other side. Sure, it did it just fine. Maybe I’ll try it with the 36”, make a video bucking up a big log? Tell all the Harry Homeowners they can save a thousand bucks over a new 661.

Cracks me up how when people want to tell how rough and tough their saws are they tell how it eats “Ironwood”. Ironwood is a small understory tree reaching 59’ with an ABH diameter of 8-20”. It has a hard dense wood, “not steel”, often used in tool handles. Such as hammers, wooden mallets, gouges, chisels, and screw drivers. Not to be found in HD tools. Very similar in description to an American Dogwood. I guess I could use the 45” on my Homelite Super 1050 to cut down Dogwoods, but dang that thing is loud and heavy.

View attachment 1019551View attachment 1019551been running this 24 on my new 4218 for about 5 cords so far no problems, it honestly cuts and oils the bar good, had to drill new oiling holes, air intake mod, muffler mod, ngk plug and tunned the carb a little shell hit 12 grand and its not lean, have a 2050 on the way that will be getting a 28
It's a 42cc saw, no one is buying that thing is adequate to pull a 24" bar in soft wood let alone hard wood. the logs you have your saw sitting on are 10" or under in size. Doesn't matter how long the bar is if it's not being used. Put up some videos of it cutting.

Back