Can you help identify this jonsered saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farmer_dave

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
This is going to be near impossible im guessing as i dont have pic, But i recently looked at a used jonsered saw and am considering buying it, the only sticker it had on it said 62cc and jonsered on it too obviously, it wasnt an overly old looking saw i would guess under 10 years old how many different models have they made that were 62cc? maybe one of you guys with heaps of knowlege will know if so thanks, also it had a new 24 inch bar on it is this over kill for a 62cc saw? thanks in advance Dave

The only newer jonsered saws in the 62cc range are the 625/630 and th 2063 and these are all .5cc off higher or lower

Sounds like it is a 2063 or 2163 - those are the only 62cc Jonsereds made recently (62.4cc).

If it is a bit older than you think, it could also be a 630 or 625 (61.5cc).

Does it have the "Turbo"/Air Injection?

Does it have a front or side chain tentioner?

Im pretty sure it had neither turbo or side tension mate so maybe it is older than I think?

Last edited:

Did it look anything like this model 630

Hey Guys I have since found out the saw is in fact a 625 which going by what i have read on hear is unfortunate, How much better is the 630? or should I still consider this saw? I am a bit concerned the 24 inch bar might be too much for this saw. If the saw had been a 630 I would have snatched it up but now I am having second thoughts and just wanted a few opinions thanks in advance Dave.

FD,
I have a 630 and it is a good, strong running saw. I had a 24" bar on it. I put a 20" bar on it about a week ago. It handled the 24" bar pretty good though.

I'm not sure if there is something about the 625 that makes it undesireable. But by reading the specs on another website, the 625 is newer, lighter, has more hp-4 compared to 3.1. Not sure I wouldn't take a 625 over a 630.

Just my .02

FD,
I have a 630 and it is a good, strong running saw. I had a 24" bar on it. I put a 20" bar on it about a week ago. It handled the 24" bar pretty good though.

I'm not sure if there is something about the 625 that makes it undesireable. But by reading the specs on another website, the 625 is newer, lighter, has more hp-4 compared to 3.1. Not sure I wouldn't take a 625 over a 630.

Just my .02

There is a misprint/mistake (actually, there are lots of them) on the site you refer to - the 630 is 3.1kW = 4.2 hp, not 3.1hp.

The 630 is a pro saw, the 625 isn't.

Last edited:
Hey Guys I have since found out the saw is in fact a 625 which going by what i have read on hear is unfortunate, How much better is the 630? or should I still consider this saw? I am a bit concerned the 24 inch bar might be too much for this saw. If the saw had been a 630 I would have snatched it up but now I am having second thoughts and just wanted a few opinions thanks in advance Dave.

The 625 is a good saw, and a broader torque range than the 630. The 630's are great saws (I have 3) but if the price is right on the 625 you can't go wrong. It is built on the same chasis as the 630 and 670, just ported a little bit more mild. Very similar to the 2165 and 2171 situation. The 2165 gets outshined by the 2171, but it doesn't mean the 2165 isn't a solid saw.

Bottom line, if the 625 is priced well, go for it.

:cheers:

Thanks guys your input is appreciated!!
Bringing the saw home to try out this week and will let you know what I think.

Latest posts

Back