Cannon Light Bar Update

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbull660

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Spent about 10min on the phone with Bill owner of Cannon Bar -

Sounds like they are still working on the light bars. "Early 2016 release"

When they are released sounds like they will be doing s1 12mm stihl mounts first in 24" 28" 32" 36" and possibly 41-42" but that is as long as they will go.

Sounded like the 41-42" light will be dependent upon demand. So you 880 guys should email [email protected] and voice your interest!

Sounds like they discontinued the wide nose super bar plus line due to stihl stopping the wide nose bars. (as they...cannon used the Stihl made wide tips for their super bar plus wide nose line) Guess our favorite hotsaw maker tarzan zip lines bought all the wide nose bars. So if you want one better call up piltz err tarzan or ?

...thing is I'm not sure Stihl stopped making the wide tips. Because they use the wide tips on the 3002 bars for the 880 and for the 3003 .404 bars...and I know they do a 3/8ths .063 bar for the 880...not sure if that is wide nose though.

Anyway nice gentleman to chat with.

Did he mention a time frame for production of H1 large Husky mount Cannon LW bars? Or are they only going to sell S1 mount bars (and tell their Husqvarna using customers to use an adapter)?

Did he mention a time frame for production of H1 large Husky mount Cannon LW bars? Or are they only going to sell S1 mount bars (and tell their Husqvarna using customers to use an adapter)?
Probably be using an adapter unless they see a big demand. At least the slots and adjuster hole is usually fine to not have to grind on them to fit on a husky.

Come on redbull can't you get your mate to make like an AS Special or something. A 28" light with rollernose and new belly should do the trick with a big fat factory discount. l have a cannon roller nose fatbelly in 25" and its HEAVY. l like cannon, quality is important to them.

i live very close to the factory and have been running cannons for 12 years. trust me when i say, they will be making them in all mounts. it's not like it's hard to cut out the bar tail differently and the fact of needing an adapter could make or break them. not all husky guys especially the ones actually working in the bush who actually use bars up will be willing to screw around with an adapter. there is a member here in particular who knows more then any of us, maybe he'll chime in and maybe he won't :D

what I should have asked is HOW MUCH? lol

they will be north of $200. the member here who has the info can get all the info available as he is a dealer. i actually do hope he chimes in and i hope everyone buys cannon. AFAIK cannon went through a tight spell there and were dropping sales dramatically. i wanna see them succeed and sell huge amounts. that can bring our prices down.

I have heard the same thing, not till earlier next year, so my GUESS is they are in developement and testing, THEN the prices would be figured out, but I would think it would have to be more than their regular bars, which are priced about the same as most other lightweight bars.

Dave.

Any idea how their wt will compare to the other makes out there?

Right now I'm considering a Sugi Har 20" and a Stihl ES light 28", thanks to info you have previously provided.

I'm thinking saving 2/3 of a pound on the 362 would make a felt difference, especially since it is bar wt.

I like the tsumra lights better than sigiharas..i never weighed them but the tsumura feels lighter.

they are lighter, just look at the design of the inserts and you can assume without even seeing them in person that they are lighter. sugi's are way over rated. sugi's are literally for PSP's. tsumura's are kinda too but they are affordable when it comes to quality bar prices. i don't even feel a difference by the end of the day using a solid cannon as apposed to a light tsumura. the tsumura is cheaper though and similar in quality so i'll run them. the rotary tip solid tsumura's are significantly cheaper then the solid cannon and are just about as good. i own 3 solid ones and 2 RW's but wanna try the RW cannons regardless.

they are lighter, just look at the design of the inserts and you can assume without even seeing them in person that they are lighter. sugi's are way over rated. sugi's are literally for PSP's. tsumura's are kinda too but they are affordable when it comes to quality bar prices. i don't even feel a difference by the end of the day using a solid cannon as apposed to a light tsumura. the tsumura is cheaper though and similar in quality so i'll run them. the rotary tip solid tsumura's are significantly cheaper then the solid cannon and are just about as good. i own 3 solid ones and 2 RW's but wanna try the RW cannons regardless.

Ya probably..sugihara bars really dont feel that light to me..idk

With all the fuss people have made over a few ounces, it is hard to believe that 2/3 lb would not be noticed at the end of the day, especially when it is bar wt.

Chris, what you say makes sense, but when I'm limbing the wt of the saw/bar is a lot more important than when I'm bucking. I mostly want the 28" light for felling and stumping.

Its hard to tell a weight difference on shorter bars but on bars 28" and bigger the reduced weight bar is more noticeable.

i run a 33" daily and don'y really feel the difference from a tsumura to a cannon. i mean i know the difference i there but i just don't feel it. it's only like half a pound which may seem significant due to the actual weight difference but it's just not enough i guess. maybe a firewood hack would notice but i'm used to carrying a cannon. maybe if i was used to carrying a tsumura a cannon would feel heavy? not sure. i go with value and don't think to much about weight when buying bars.

Latest posts

Back