Cannon Light Bar Update

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With all the fuss people have made over a few ounces, it is hard to believe that 2/3 lb would not be noticed at the end of the day, especially when it is bar wt.

Chris, what you say makes sense, but when I'm limbing the wt of the saw/bar is a lot more important than when I'm bucking. I mostly want the 28" light for felling and stumping.

the only ones making a fuss were people like you and sawtroll. the people saying the weight isn't noticeable are the realists who just don't care about a half pound. LOL :D

Shane=:muscle:[emoji23]

you probably rarely even use anything longer the 24" back east. i consider myself fat LOL yet i don't have a problem carrying around 33"-36" cannon. look at redbull with the 41" cannons in his vids. he might feel it at the end of the day after the first few but i bet he could use it all day. it's mostly about brains. if yer gonna carry it on your lower back all day maybe you should go with a light weight.

Not quite WC90, not quite! Don't know your age, but when you go past 60 you will likely pay a bit more attention to wt. There was a time when I would not have cared a rats A** either.

RedBull, thanks for re posting that, but I've already saved it to my computer so I can print it whenever I want. Very informative.

If I had a nickle for each person who referred to the 362 C as "fat & heavy" I think I'd be rich. Now that the real wts are out there, it and the 562 are the same, which is what I had stated in the first place.

Not quite WC90, not quite! Don't know your age, but when you go past 60 you will likely pay a bit more attention to wt. There was a time when I would not have cared a rats A** either.

RedBull, thanks for re posting that, but I've already saved it to my computer so I can print it whenever I want. Very informative.

i'm 25 so that may be it LOL trust me when i say that i want to notice a difference. i own both but i just don't so i buy the best value which is currently the tsumura.

If I had a nickle for each person who referred to the 362 C as "fat & heavy" I think I'd be rich. Now that the real wts are out there, it and the 562 are the same, which is what I had stated in the first place.

after an HD2 and the dual port the 362 will be heavier mike :D powerhead weight never really bothered me. regardless of which one is lighter i'll take the 562 ;)

It would have do be made in lengths from 24" and down to 16", and H1 and C1 mounts to be interesting here. Then there are the often odd Cannon dl counts, that should be avoided....

It would have do be made in lengths from 24" and down to 16", and H1 and C1 mounts to be interesting here. Then there are the often odd Cannon dl counts, that should be avoided....

I'm going to argue that anyone investing in a cannon bar should be making their own chains and not worry about odd dl counts.
If you aren't wearing out enough chain to need to be making your own I can't imagine why you wouldn't be buying cheap laminated bars.

I'm going to argue that anyone investing in a cannon bar should be making their own chains and not worry about odd dl counts.
If you aren't wearing out enough chain to need to be making your own I can't imagine why you wouldn't be buying cheap laminated bars.

Starting out with a non-standard dl count hardly is a dream situation though. - and the Cannon dl listings sometimes are a bit confusing.....

No! Inboard vs. outboard clutch makes a lot of differense regarding bulk and handling, and then there is the weight differense - but of course the 560xp and the 2260 is preferable to the 562xp.

Any idea how their wt will compare to the other makes out there?

Right now I'm considering a Sugi Har 20" and a Stihl ES light 28", thanks to info you have previously provided.

I'm thinking saving 2/3 of a pound on the 362 would make a felt difference, especially since it is bar wt.
Just buy a laminated 20" probably lighter than the sugi.

Mike it wasnt the weight really..it was more about how it balanced and stuff..a 362 feels kinda lumpy in the hands compared to a 2260/562 is all..no big deal , or maybe it is ?

i do agree that cannon should go with all the other standard DL counts although all my bars from them are. even my little 16" superbar is 60DL. the small ones and large one are usually where the DL counts get wacky and the mid length one stay normal. i like to just have a few ground chains on me and swap them around wherever needed so all my stuff has to be the same. when it comes to smaller lengths cannon would be wasting their time unless all the PSP's bought them regularly for looks. cannons up the 24" balance perfect on their needed powerheads. i mean sure, if yer gonna be running a 24" k095 on a 550 then maybe a RW would be nice but nobody's gonna do that anyways.
Cannon will appeal to the professional logger, millers, shake lockers, carvers etc...... as that is really who they serve, if the odd PSP buys some bars that's a bonus for them. not even 1% of homeowners/firewood hacks will actually spend money on a quality bar. That 1% is mostly Forum PSP's LOL

i do agree that cannon should go with all the other standard DL counts although all my bars from them are. even my little 16" superbar is 60DL. the small ones and large one are usually where the DL counts get wacky and the mid length one stay normal. i like to just have a few ground chains on me and swap them around wherever needed so all my stuff has to be the same. when it comes to smaller lengths cannon would be wasting their time unless all the PSP's bought them regularly for looks. cannons up the 24" balance perfect on their needed powerheads. i mean sure, if yer gonna be running a 24" k095 on a 550 then maybe a RW would be nice but nobody's gonna do that anyways.
Cannon will appeal to the professional logger, millers, shake lockers, carvers etc...... as that is really who they serve, if the odd PSP buys some bars that's a bonus for them. not even 1% of homeowners/firewood hacks will actually spend money on a quality bar. That 1% is mostly Forum PSP's LOL

I've never seen this PSP acronym you've been throwing around used or defined by anyone else. Is this your creation or a Northwest Canadian term, ehh?

LOL it was an east coast mainer who made up the PSP acronym. I figured everyone would have known by now. He's the legendary GOAT and the PSP's are the ported saw polishers of FHC LOL most are here to as well. All the power to them. I just thought it was funny as hell when the GOAT came up with that ****.

Back