Cannon Light Bar Update

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you probably rarely even use anything longer the 24" back east. i consider myself fat LOL yet i don't have a problem carrying around 33"-36" cannon. look at redbull with the 41" cannons in his vids. he might feel it at the end of the day after the first few but i bet he could use it all day. it's mostly about brains. if yer gonna carry it on your lower back all day maybe you should go with a light weight.
If you said 28" i would agree.....but really about 90% of my day is with a 14"-16" bar[emoji1]

I skip right over 24" bars anymore. If I can't cut it with a 20" bar on the 359, the next saw up is a 32" on a 288. Occasionally I'll have a 28" on a 372BB but I like the 288 feel a lot more. This weekend I'll be throwing around the 395 with a 42" Cannon on it to stump a large willow with only a little overlap from both sides.

Back on topic... I would like a lightweight 32" and possibly a 37". Anything larger than that I feel a lightweight bar just isn't worth the extra money and lost stiffness, no matter how much weight you take off a 42"... it's still going to be heavy.

I find the 24" bar length very useful. There seem to be a lot of trees that are just a little wider than the 20" bar can cut, and a 24" is not too hard to pull out of the cut if you need to, and does less "unintended" damage than a longer bar.

I hope they make a 30" lightweight. It gives almost the same cut length on a husky as a 28" on a stihl. I don't use a 24" much either. A 20" for wood pile work or dirty stuff and .404" or got to 28-36".

Back